Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People in you work who constantly moan about all things work and how bad it is.
F**k off then, nobody is forcing you stay you daft bi*t.
Teachers particularly bad for this. First day back..."only 8 weeks until the holidays."

In Stockbridge this afternoon (my daughter shares a flat there). Fancied watching the play-off final. Went into one Pub, four folk in and the telly switched off. 

Ordered a double vodka and a wee bottle of tonic.

"We don't sell doubles"

Quick double-take. Asked if he could put the football on the telly.

"We don't show football here"

Tried another pub. Got the drink I requested from the nice lassie behind the bar. Hardly a soul in the place. No-one's watching the telly in the corner.

"Any chance you could put on BBC Alba please?"

The lassie says yes and asks what BBC Alba is. I explain that It's the Gaelic channel and they're showing the football. Her boss who has had his back to me, filling out some paperwork, since I first entered the pub informs the lassie that they don't show football.  

I point out that they have a sign outside saying that they show the six nations and that it's only Dumbarton v Alloa Athletic I want to watch.

"We don't show football"

Still slightly scunnered by this...

What pubs were these Angus fifer? There is a pub called the Bailey in Stockbridge that would have shown the football, it’s a basement type bar.

Might have been hectors and the Stockbridge Tap you tried.

Guest Moomintroll
In Stockbridge this afternoon (my daughter shares a flat there). Fancied watching the play-off final. Went into one Pub, four folk in and the telly switched off. 
Ordered a double vodka and a wee bottle of tonic.
"We don't sell doubles"
Quick double-take. Asked if he could put the football on the telly.
"We don't show football here"
Tried another pub. Got the drink I requested from the nice lassie behind the bar. Hardly a soul in the place. No-one's watching the telly in the corner.
"Any chance you could put on BBC Alba please?"
The lassie says yes and asks what BBC Alba is. I explain that It's the Gaelic channel and they're showing the football. Her boss who has had his back to me, filling out some paperwork, since I first entered the pub informs the lassie that they don't show football.  
I point out that they have a sign outside saying that they show the six nations and that it's only Dumbarton v Alloa Athletic I want to watch.
"We don't show football"
Still slightly scunnered by this...

Should have pointed out that, contrary to all evidence, rugby is still football. Why else are they all called something accies rfc. (I know they aren't, just playing devils advocate).

Stockbridge Tap and Hamilton's. A nice guy at the bar suggested I try Bailey's but I'd given up by then..

Hamilton’s really is more of an eatery. The Bailey is right round the corner from it, it’s not that noticeable as it’s down stairs though.

I do wish you had come to the forum and asked for recommendations for places to watch the game rather than wait until it’s too late and having a rant about it after.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

Hamilton’s really is more of an eatery. The Bailey is right round the corner from it, it’s not that noticeable as it’s down stairs though.

I do wish you had come to the forum and asked for recommendations for places to watch the game rather than wait until it’s too late and having a rant about it after.

It was a last minute decision. Shit happens...

It was a last minute decision. Shit happens...

I love it down in Stockbridge but it’s not really a place to be watching football. They have a duck race on there in a few weeks that is great fun though!

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I love it down in Stockbridge but it’s not really a place to be watching football. They have a duck race on there in a few weeks that is great fun though!

Bunch of quacks.

When you are out for a walk in the hills and everybody you pass insists on talking to you - and I don't mean a gentle "hello" or "braw day", which grate but I can tolerate. I refer to the special ones who feel that a shared interest in the outdoors is enough to start a full blown conversation.

f**k. Off. I am here to enjoy nature and the solitude and tranquility that comes with that.
I do not want to talk about a grouse that you may or may not have seen half a mile further on.

Dick.

2 minutes ago, rodallegabombs said:

When you are out for a walk in the hills and everybody you pass insists on talking to you - and I don't mean a gentle "hello" or "braw day", which grate but I can tolerate. I refer to the special ones who feel that a shared interest in the outdoors is enough to start a full blown conversation.

f**k. Off. I am here to enjoy nature and the solitude and tranquility that comes with that.
I do not want to talk about a grouse that you may or may not have seen half a mile further on.

Dick.

You want to talk about dick? Don't want to talk about dick?  You want dick? So many questions ;)

You want to talk about dick? Don't want to talk about dick?  You want dick? So many questions [emoji6]

In my humble opinion the chap who accosted me is a dick.

Although you may have stumbled upon a Freudian slip, I shall do the healthy thing and repress it until I one day embark on a murderous spree.