Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

37 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

That way when your shift gets cancelled at the last minute and instead of going to the pub you decide to fit the bathroom towel rail your wife was nagging after, and it takes you 2 hours traipsing round 3 different DIY shops to get all the kit including a half inch radiator allen key which must have some use for hydroponic cannabis growing or something as no bugger has any in stock, then you get home and cant find the drill, which takes two hours of tidying the loft and the shed to locate, then you decide you'd better put some dinner on for the wife coming home in a couple of hours, then it takes another hour or so to measure up and get the brackets in the right place, and you are dripping with sweat cos its bloody heavy and tiles are buggers to drill through, and right about 5 minutes before you are about to hang the blasted thing on the wall your wife saunters in from work and says..... 

"Oh have you just started?"

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

Fucked that up mate. Suction cups....

towel-hooks-for-bathrooms1.jpg

....and

IMG_2379.JPG

Edited by welshbairn

Having to get the dug put down, so that means a conversation with my 4 year old about what death is.

We had that with the mother in laws dog that the bairns seen most days. The youngest one took it really badly, didn’t stop greeting for about 24 hours (apart from to sleep) he actually coped with the death of my mum better.

Was probably one of the hardest things i have had to deal with. Good luck, it won’t be easy but kids are resilient, they bounce back.

Danny Mills claiming that the recognition of David De Gea means that he is making too many saves and you dont want to be talking about your goalkeeper.

That would be fine if Man Uniteds finest era of success wasnt regularly puntuated by Peter Schmeichels outstanding contribitions.

Parked in Dumfries 5 or 6 times during my recent holiday to your fair country. Each time I deliberately sought out a small white car and parked as close as I could to it whilst remaining within the white lines.

No comments on this thread from @19QOS19 would suggest I didn't park next to him! I feel like my entire holiday was a waste of time.

Edited by Swarley

21 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

Having to get the dug put down, so that means a conversation with my 4 year old about what death is.

I was over taking a truck full of beef cows and my 4 year old was in stitches at all the eyes noses and bums you could see sticking out the gaps. I said I wonder where they are heading to see what he thought. They were going to the zoo so people could visit them was his answer. 

roy-walker-meme-generator-it-s-good-but-it-s-not-right-1b6cf9.jpg

Edited by Nkomo-A-Gogo

Going to start playing 5's again after a couple of years away from it.  My old boots have disintegrated in the time spent out of action, so i decided to get myself a new pair.  When did it become so difficult to buy a pair of boots?  Firm Ground, Soft Ground, Artificial Ground (I suppose the ones I want for a modern 5's surface), Astro Turf.

Also, does no one just do black boots anymore?

Going to start playing 5's again after a couple of years away from it.  My old boots have disintegrated in the time spent out of action, so i decided to get myself a new pair.  When did it become so difficult to buy a pair of boots?  Firm Ground, Soft Ground, Artificial Ground (I suppose the ones I want for a modern 5's surface), Astro Turf.
Also, does no one just do black boots anymore?

Depends on the surface you’ll be playing on, but chances are Copa mundials are the correct answer.

34 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I was over taking a truck full of beef cows and my 4 year old was in stitches at all the eyes noses and bums you could see sticking out the gaps. I said I wonder where they are heading to see what he thought. They were going to the zoo so people could visit them was his answer. 

roy-walker-meme-generator-it-s-good-but-it-s-not-right-1b6cf9.jpg

Beef cows? As opposed to bacon cows?

8 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Depends on the surface you’ll be playing on, but chances are Copa mundials are the correct answer.

It's 3G/4G five aside pitches, so the AG type boots seem to be the ones with the smaller studs.  I ended up getting these:

20324440_l.jpg

Which were the closest I could find to "normal boots", apart from the daft wee sock thing.

It's 3G/4G five aside pitches, so the AG type boots seem to be the ones with the smaller studs.  I ended up getting these:
20324440_l.jpg

Which were the closest I could find to "normal boots", apart from the daft wee sock thing.

All I can say is at least they’re black leather.
Would have went copa’s personally.

Pretty sure you can take that sock off, guy I play with has them and doesn’t wear it any more. Mostly cause I took the piss. I’ll always just buy astros without studs when I get boots, mainly so I can wear them on Astro and indoors on hardwood floors. Cheapskate that I am.

52 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Puma Kings > Copa Mundials

20 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I was beginning to think you'd been put down.

Brief stint in a North Korean gaol. All I said was that the Supreme Leader looks a bit like a lesbian. An Asiatic Ruth Davidson, if you will.

21 hours ago, welshbairn said:

I wasn't much older than 4 when my older sisters taught me this. My parents were appalled. Think there were more verses.

Have you ever thought
While lying in bed
That one fine day
You're going to be DEAD?

The worms crawl in 
The worms crawl out
They crawl in thin
And they crawl OUT STOUT!

Nobody cares about your homespun tales and folksy wisdom of polio and rickets from down on the farm, grandad.