Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

It's not an assumption.

I established this when HE had to give me HIS details after HE had smashed into the side of my car.

My sincere apologies; I had incorrectly made an assumption.  I’m glad HE was caught or gave HIMSELF up.

Edited by Granny Danger

2 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

Some twat has managed to slalom his way down our street this morning, hitting 4 or 5 different cars.

Significant damage all round.

All I can think of here is this:

Coffin dodgers at the railway station holding up the queue.
When realising the queue was getting longer offers to let folk through.
Very honourable you would think, but no.
On being informed that the information would be lost on the computer he continues to fucking ramble on for another ten fucking minutes.

“Things the upper class do” thread for this pish.

We have a fairly modern house and 8t has a coal fire in a sitting room. When the wind gets up it causes a fecker of a draft and a chimney sheep would be ideal for it. We don't use it as a fire as we have no idea when last swept and have nowhere to keep coal or logs to fuel it.
Can almost guarantee if we found somewhere selling said chimney sheep then a relative child minding would bring stuff to start a fire and proceed to do so

Wrong thread but I can't be bothered looking for the person thread.

Sinitta. She seems to pop up on every single fucking show. Not only is she incredibly annoying but as far as I'm aware she has done f**k all of note in years yet seems to keep getting these gigs. Was she even any good? I certainly don't know any of her songs. To top it off, she is on The Chase and has a hand fan, fanning herself and using it to clap rather than her hands. Arsehole.

Sinitta. She seems to pop up on every single fucking show. Not only is she incredibly annoying but as far as I'm aware she has done f**k all of note in years yet seems to keep getting these gigs. Was she even any good? I certainly don't know any of her songs. To top it off, she is on The Chase and has a hand fan, fanning herself and using it to clap rather than her hands. Arsehole.

How could you not know this classic?

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wasn’t Simon Cowell’s “wife” for a while?

1 hour ago, Jamaldo said:

People who think the best way to cure a hangover is to keep drinking alcohol.

It is though. Gives you the same problem the next day but it does work. Obviously not a long term solution and that's something it's time I dealt with. :(

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It is though. Gives you the same problem the next day but it does work. Obviously not a long term solution and that's something it's time I dealt with. :(

Hair of the dog certainly dulls it till bedtime. If you have more than a couple though, you have fucked it. 

On 3/16/2018 at 05:46, Cerberus said:

I hate that.
A remnant of pre-1990s when food was bland and overcooked and you needed to add salt and pepper to give it any flavour.

It's no longer the case but older people still have the habit.

My Dad does it which I think probably stems from being brought up during rationing after WW2. It's definitely habit.

I wouldn't say all food pre 90's was bland though. The influx of recipes from Thai or Mexican (for example) cooking perhaps exaggerates this.

Edited by sjc