Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

Just tell yer wife to bolt then

Thanks for that wee golden life advice nugget :lol: 

But there's really no need, I didn't bother with one of those in the first place. Would have been far too expensive come the inevitable divorce. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Was stuck in a big queue in co-op the other day. One girl working behind the till.

With every customer she’s striking up a chat.

So what are you doing today? Oh that’s lovely, nice weather isn’t it. Plans for the weekend?

There’s a fucking massive queue you idiot, scan their shit take their money and let them f**k off.

If this was while she was scanning the goods it wouldn't add much (if anything) to the time taken. And it's probably her only relief from passing ten thousand items of shopping over a glass panel, one at a time, while having to deal with torn-faced c***s moaning because they've had to wait in a queue.

8 minutes ago, GordonD said:

If this was while she was scanning the goods it wouldn't add much (if anything) to the time taken. And it's probably her only relief from passing ten thousand items of shopping over a glass panel, one at a time, while having to deal with torn-faced c***s moaning because they've had to wait in a queue.

It's called petty things that get on your nerves, I'm not claiming to be reasonable.

Although  to your point, the conversation went beyond the scanning, bagging and payment period of the transaction.

17 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Folk that get told “the evening times are coming round to do a story and take our picture in front of the dado rail” so he decides to put his outside jacket on and zip it all the way up, that’ll look normal.

(From tonight’s evening times)
IMG_0827.jpg

I'm assuming the kids death ray eyes stare is due to the fact this photo will prove beyond doubt that this p***k on the right is his father as they both have identical massive Scottish Cup  handle Lugs.

I'm assuming the kids death ray eyes stare is due to the fact this photo will prove beyond doubt that this p***k on the right is his father as they both have identical massive Scottish Cup  handle Lugs.

The accompanying story was something about a banger/fire work going of at ibrox on Sunday and it affected the lads hearing, I think if it had went off at pittodrie he would’ve still heard it.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

People who add salt to the food on their plate before tasting it.

IS this food you have cooked or just in general. In general it might scrape in as a PTTGOYN, where as when you have cooked the food, it scrapes into the realms of justifying throwing someone down the stairs.

9 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

IS this food you have cooked or just in general. In general it might scrape in as a PTTGOYN, where as when you have cooked the food, it scrapes into the realms of justifying throwing someone down the stairs.

Talking about in restaurants.

Doesn’t ‘scrape’ as a PTTGOYN all such things are personal.  Can’t understand how you don’t get the that.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Talking about in restaurants.

Doesn’t ‘scrape’ as a PTTGOYN all such things are personal.  Can’t understand how you don’t get the that.

Salt consumption is personal, didn't stop you putting your tuppence worth in?

Its a habit they can't break. They are salt addicts

On a similar theme, we had some friends across for a BBQ at the weekend. Their kids asked if I had any BBQ sauce, I said no just HP sauce. I then explained that it wasn't like BBQ sauce that it was bitter, tangy, different.

Both of them covered their entire plate with sauce. First bite spat it back out, don't like it. Why didn't you try it first before wasting all that food you little shits was what I should have said instead of oh ok I'll cook some more sausages.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Salt consumption is personal, didn't stop you putting your tuppence worth in?

It’s not about salt consumption it’s about folk adding salt before knowing if it’s needed.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I hate that.
A remnant of pre-1990s when food was bland and overcooked and you needed to add salt and pepper to give it any flavour.

It's no longer the case but older people still have the habit.

5 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It’s not about salt consumption it’s about folk adding salt before knowing if it’s needed.

Which can broadly be regarded as consumption.... My point was merely that its so much worse if you have gone to the effort of making someone a meal and they do it. 

Crack on

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Which can broadly be regarded as consumption.... My point was merely that its so much worse if you have gone to the effort of making someone a meal and they do it. 

Crack on

No your wrong; don’t expect you to admit that though.

If someone is served food that most of us would regard as very salty, tastes it then still adds more then it’s about personal consumption.

If they add the salt before tasting the food it’s not about personal consumption.

Edited by Granny Danger