Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I generally have my mobile on silent, except when my daughter's at nursery incase I get a call from them. Someone has set up a facebook messenger group for a load of my family members (it's about something pretty important so I'm not coming out of it) and there are messages coming through almost constantly and with each comes a loud ping. There appears to be no way of switching off this audio alert.  :angry:

There’s a way to mute the chat so you won’t get an alert with each new message. You’d need to go on to messenger and you’d see there was new messages in the chat

I generally have my mobile on silent, except when my daughter's at nursery incase I get a call from them. Someone has set up a facebook messenger group for a load of my family members (it's about something pretty important so I'm not coming out of it) and there are messages coming through almost constantly and with each comes a loud ping. There appears to be no way of switching off this audio alert.  :angry:

Try going into the group chat, click on the 'i' at the top right, and turn notifications off in the settings. That should do it.

37 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

There’s a way to mute the chat so you won’t get an alert with each new message. You’d need to go on to messenger and you’d see there was new messages in the chat

37 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Try going into the group chat, click on the 'i' at the top right, and turn notifications off in the settings. That should do it.

Thanks both of you. Resounding success!

15 minutes ago, Aidan said:

A guy that I knew from school was on "Tipping Point" yesterday and claimed to be from Aberdeen, despite not being from Aberdeen and having never lived in Aberdeen.

Maybe he's got a warrant out for his arrest.

One that really annoys me at the moment

People who stand at a water cooler in the gym or office and continually top up their cup/glass and then still while standing in front of it slowly drink it before proceeding to fill it up again and again while you have to stand and wait even when they know you are there.

Utter Knobs

Edited by red23