Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

59 minutes ago, Trackdaybob said:

That bloke needs to get out more. And maybe even a girlfriend :lol: 

How can you get so uptight about something like that? 

You've not been on here that long, have you?

43 minutes ago, eddiemunster said:

The smelly looking bird in those Tui adverts, f**k off with your singing and your hair that needs washed.

Oh Eddie! Bit skinnier than my usual, she's well within my preset perameters of cleanliness.

I just got a large monitor for my PC, which is a RTBC. However, it's caused me to realise I've descended even further into boring auld fartery, as the first thing I thought was, "I can't wait to open a couple of spreadsheets on this bad boy"  :yucky

12187720_10153053016272330_3648262463264581138_n.jpg

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Personally, I'm more outraged about the person to ball ratio. Ball that size will hardly fit through the goalmouth ffs.

_98555852_football-sign_getty.jpg

Maybe the footballs are very close, while the people are far away?

In among the usual stats like "shots on goal" etc that they stick in the corner during the interviews on Match of the Day, they have started showing one that says "Expected goals". Wtf is that about? It annoys me far more than it probably should.

When you go to the cash machine and you get three options -

1. View balance

2. View balance and cash withdrawal

3. Cash withdrawal

Press the third option to withdraw cash and before it asks how much cash you would like to withdraw, it asks if you would like to view your balance. Surely if I wanted to do this, I’d press the second option?

34 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

When you go to the cash machine and you get three options -

1. View balance

2. View balance and cash withdrawal

3. Cash withdrawal

Press the third option to withdraw cash and before it asks how much cash you would like to withdraw, it asks if you would like to view your balance. Surely if I wanted to do this, I’d press the second option?

.....and Cash or cash with receipt?

Cash - would you like a receipt?

2 minutes ago, philpy said:

Looks like the wife is losing her job due to Edinburgh council and their fucking stupid absence procedures.

Why leave a post so vague? Is it so that people come on here and say "that's shite philpy, what happened?" because if it is, I'm not giving you the satisfaction.

Why leave a post so vague? Is it so that people come on here and say "that's shite philpy, what happened?" because if it is, I'm not giving you the satisfaction.
Should have elaborated more, aye. Basically over the last 5 years, she's had a foot operation, and a knee operation, both of which she had to obviously take time off for. She was put on two absence displinary procedures on both occasions. The latter was a case of if she went 6 months without being off the second one would be wiped off. They extended it to a year, she had 3 days off in that period, and has just went back from a week off to due to a very nasty chest infection. This has ended up going to a stage 3 meeting, which could mean dismissal.

10 minutes ago, philpy said:
21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Should have elaborated more, aye. Basically over the last 5 years, she's had a foot operation, and a knee operation, both of which she had to obviously take time off for. She was put on two absence displinary procedures on both occasions. The latter was a case of if she went 6 months without being off the second one would be wiped off. They extended it to a year, she had 3 days off in that period, and has just went back from a week off to due to a very nasty chest infection. This has ended up going to a stage 3 meeting, which could mean dismissal.

Hope she's in a union and getting represented.

13 minutes ago, philpy said:
24 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

What was the reasoning for extending the first period to a year?