Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sounds grim. Thought it was law that folk got sick days, but obviously not. I've been lucky in the places of work I've had to take days off.

You get statuary sick pay if you are off for 4 continuous days or more. It isn't very much though, £80 or something like that.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

You get statuary sick pay if you are off for 4 continuous days or more. It isn't very much though, £80 or something like that.

Correct, for us statutory works out about £22 a day. But your first three days sick pay get deducted and go to HMRC, so if you self certify for a week you'll only see about £45 ! After 10 continuous days off company sick pay also kicks in and is a whopping £30 a day on top of stat.

People who make decisions on the roads network in the Aberdeen area.

Last summer a new roundabout was installed that gave me a smooth route into work - opening up what used to be a nasty right turn on to a busy A road.

They’ve now sacked this roundabout and replaced it with traffic lights - meaning the previously free-flowing traffic is now irritating queues in every direction

Why oh why?

People who make decisions on the roads network in the Aberdeen area.

We can't possibly develop Broad Street into a Marischal Square type public area as closure will cause traffic mayhem due to buses using it.

Last time I checked it has been closed for ages due to the construction of that new monstrosity and the bus / general traffic system has been dealing perfectly fine with that minor detour around the Lemon Tree. C***s.

2 minutes ago, Torpar said:

This pish, I'm gonna spray all my aerosol cans into the sky later and try to speed up global warming a little 

What a woose, Canadians are always bragging about coping fine in 40 below.

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Is the plural of woose weese?

Wooses I think, never known how to spell woose though. Think Americans do wuss and wusses? Woose doesn't look right, neither does wuss.

Edited by welshbairn