Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, endieinreekie said:

Putting petrol in the car last night and it took about 20 minutes. Every time I put any significant pressure on the nozzle (steady!) it clicked off so had to ease off and as a result probably only getting a couple of drops into the tank at a time. What is causing this? 

300px-KennethWilliams.jpg

I've got another Christmas party Saturday night with some Scots and Irish and as much as I'm looking forward to it, the fear is on big time. I just know on Sunday I'll be completely dead and feel awful.

I’ve had two day binges the last two weekends, another night out tomorrow and I think I know what’s coming...I’m not looking forward to it.

At the risk of sounding miserly, there is a collection for the janitors and cleaners at my work. 
Get that right to f**k.

Has there been some sort janitor/cleaner incident? How condescending.
“Right, jannies, cleaners, we know you earn f**k all so us people with real jobs have put some of our real money together so you can buy some of whatever it is you kind of people like around this time if year. You are very welcome”.

5 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

Has there been some sort janitor/cleaner incident? How condescending.
“Right, jannies, cleaners, we know you earn f**k all so us people with real jobs have put some of our real money together so you can buy some of whatever it is you kind of people like around this time if year. You are very welcome”.

No incident. It happens every year.

It's to 'thank them for their 'support'. They don't any more or any less hard than anyone else.

It's to 'thank them for their 'support'. They don't any more or any less hard than anyone else.

I’m poorest paid in my team, I’d be mortified if they had a whip round for me.
I’d accept it and spend it on bevy but I’d honestly want the ground to swallow me up.

Just now, NJ2 said:

I’m poorest paid in my team, I’d be mortified if they had a whip round for me.
I’d accept it and spend it on bevy but I’d honestly want the ground to swallow me up.

Aye it's only slight less patronising and condescending that wrapping up a mop and bucket and giving it them as a present

Aye it's only slight less patronising and condescending that wrapping up a mop and bucket and giving it them as a present

First time, I’d be mortified. If it continued I’d just start to think ‘f**k it, I’ll gladly spend your money on a night out’

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's because they have to clean up after tinks like you. They deserve every penny.

16 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

The cleaner in my work turned up three hours late on Tuesday and still left at his usual time. I'd love to see the reaction of a proposed whipround.

Had he been reading one of your posts on the "worst posters" thread?