Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

59 minutes ago, endieinreekie said:

Putting petrol in the car last night and it took about 20 minutes. Every time I put any significant pressure on the nozzle (steady!) it clicked off so had to ease off and as a result probably only getting a couple of drops into the tank at a time. What is causing this? 

Option A: Rise of the Machines, they are going to start by slowly being awkward and driving us all insane then kill us all. Annoying cash machines, petrol pumps and self service tills are the start and in 2018 Sky will merge with Fox Network to become Skynet and then the end is nigh.........................................

Option B: You are just a ham-fisted clot.

Edited by MEADOWXI

Option A: Rise of the Machines, they are going to start by slowly being awkward and driving us all insane then kill us all. Annoying cash machines, petrol pumps and self service tills are the start and in 2018 Sky will merge with Fox Network to become Skynet and then the end is nigh.........................................

Definitely option A.
I had a bank machine ask me 3 (three) separate times if I wanted a printed balance. By the third time I wasn’t sure

1 hour ago, endieinreekie said:

Putting petrol in the car last night and it took about 20 minutes. Every time I put any significant pressure on the nozzle (steady!) it clicked off so had to ease off and as a result probably only getting a couple of drops into the tank at a time. What is causing this? 

Last time that happened to me i lost patience after a £5er, I just put the nozzle back, drove a few yards to the next one and continued on quite happy 

33 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Good chance that it's Option B.

19 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

Last time that happened to me i lost patience after a £5er, I just put the nozzle back, drove a few yards to the next one and continued on quite happy 

This is one of my current PTTGOYN, cash machines.

Options are CASH WITH RECEIPT or CASH WITHOUT RECEIPT, and even if you choose without receipt it does repeatedly ask if you want a receipt is if the machine knows better.

Only surpassed by the idiot humans that request a receipt and then walk away with the receipt hanging out the machine as litter,

Edited by MEADOWXI

Just now, endieinreekie said:

Thanks GD, very true. I'll just make sure that next time it needs filled up that the wife needs to do it.

In honesty the same thing happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks at the same pay-at-the-pump pump at ASDA.  Got fed up after £40 both times.

Unfortunately my wife doesn’t drive so I can’t go with your ploy.  :lol:

2 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I've got another Christmas party Saturday night with some Scots and Irish and as much as I'm looking forward to it, the fear is on big time. I just know on Sunday I'll be completely dead and feel awful.

So not British then?

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In honesty the same thing happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks at the same pay-at-the-pump pump at ASDA.  Got fed up after £40 both times.

Unfortunately my wife doesn’t drive so I can’t go with your ploy.  :lol:

^^ Cheapskate didn't want to pay the extra $5000 to the mail order bride company fora wife who could drive. 

Just now, Stellaboz said:

No. Unless you should think Eire is under occupation still?
Go home British soldiers. And Granny.

You do realise that “Irish” also applies to folk from NI?

I would refer to such folk as Irish (just as I would refer to Scots as ‘Scots’) but given your past form I assumed anyone from NI and Scotland would be ‘British’ in your eyes, you Tory voting, multi-lingual, imperialist scumbag.

Options are CASH WITH RECEIPT or CASH WITHOUT RECEIPT, and even if you choose without receipt it does repeatedly ask if you want a receipt is if the machine knows better.

Only surpassed by the idiot humans that request a receipt and then walk away with the receipt hanging out the machine as litter,

The bank machine owner charges your bank for providing you with a cash withdrawal. They can charge a bit more if they provide you with other services

That’s why machines seem keen to show your balance and print statements

You do realise that “Irish” also applies to folk from NI?
I would refer to such folk as Irish (just as I would refer to Scots as ‘Scots’) but given your past form I assumed anyone from NI and Scotland would be ‘British’ in your eyes, you Tory voting, multi-lingual, imperialist scumbag.

Yes [emoji1]
Shit I must have logged in as the chlamydia kid before...

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

^^ Cheapskate didn't want to pay the extra $5000 to the mail order bride company fora wife who could drive. 

I will take your word that theses rates for mail order brides are accurate; it doesn’t surprise me that you know them.

Married life over the last 41 years would have been easier if my wife was a driver.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

This.

Lots.

Grinds my fuckin gears :angry: