Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

18 minutes ago, Finch road said:

You are not insulting. Nor witty, clever or even remotely funny.

You are an old bawbag whom I hope winter sees off

Winter won't see the c**t off. He's going to Barcelona. Didn't you know?

People who think it is acceptable to take longer than 5 minutes at a busy petrol station.

The main annoyances are - ignoring the pay at the pump option to go into the shop and pay by card (whilst not purchasing a single thing from the shop), thinking it's sound to spend 10 minutes browsing the shop and completely ignore the massive queue of seething c***s like me waiting for fuel and the worst of all... getting back into the car after paying and just sitting there finding a tune on their phone/reading receipts/plugging something into a sat nav/whatever else these fuckers do.

Just as well it's Friday, the p***ks.

3 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

People who think it is acceptable to take longer than 5 minutes at a busy petrol station.

The main annoyances are - ignoring the pay at the pump option to go into the shop and pay by card (whilst not purchasing a single thing from the shop), thinking it's sound to spend 10 minutes browsing the shop and completely ignore the massive queue of seething c***s like me waiting for fuel and the worst of all... getting back into the car after paying and just sitting there finding a tune on their phone/reading receipts/plugging something into a sat nav/whatever else these fuckers do.

Just as well it's Friday, the p***ks.

I agree with all of that with the caveat that pay at the pumps don’t always produce receipts, something many folk need for fuel.

Used to piss me off paying at pump then needing to go in and queue up to get VAT receipt because the pump didn’t print one.

I agree with all of that with the caveat that pay at the pumps don’t always produce receipts, something many folk need for fuel.
Used to piss me off paying at pump then needing to go in and queue up to get VAT receipt because the pump didn’t print one.

Aye fair enough, I don't tend to need a receipt so that's not something I notice.

I'll chalk that one off the list for the receipt requirers out there.

Supermarket checkouts where the final price isn't shown to you (just on screen facing the cashier), particularly when you're abroad in a non-English speaking country.

Additionally, countries where tax is added to the price after they scan it through, making getting rid of the foreign small change that bit more challenging.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Supermarket checkouts where the final price isn't shown to you (just on screen facing the cashier), particularly when you're abroad in a non-English speaking country.

Additionally, countries where tax is added to the price after they scan it through, making getting rid of the foreign small change that bit more challenging.

America's a c**t for this shit. Prices are displayed before sales tax is applied, for no reason other than to make it seem more appealing, and also with any mail-in rebates applied. So, your new laptop is advertised at $299, but comes with vouchers for you to send off for cheque refunds on your case, anti-virus, Windows, joypad, USB groin warmer, and so on. So, the actual price you'll need to pay at the till could be something like $499, which would be about $540 with an average state sales tax of 8-9%.

You get used to doing the mental arithmetic and reading the small print, but seriously, what a fucking pointless arse-ache.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

America's a c**t for this shit. Prices are displayed before sales tax is applied, for no reason other than to make it seem more appealing, and also with any mail-in rebates applied. So, your new laptop is advertised at $299, but comes with vouchers for you to send off for cheque refunds on your case, anti-virus, Windows, joypad, USB groin warmer, and so on. So, the actual price you'll need to pay at the till could be something like $499, which would be about $540 with an average state sales tax of 8-9%.

You get used to doing the mental arithmetic and reading the small print, but seriously, what a fucking pointless arse-ache.

5 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I still can't find a exact reason for this. I do know that some people are entitled to tax  exemptions/reductions in Canada. I've been shopping with a friend of mine before how has an Indian Status Card which means he pays 8% rather than 13%. I would give him the stuff I wanted to take to the till then pay him back afterwards!

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Never heard of these mail-in rebates, but I get why the local sales taxes are add ons. It's not like here with standard VAT so you'll have products printed with the price USA wide, like books. and the differential local tax will have to be added at the till. Locals won't even have to think about it.

The BBC running a news item telling people how to scrape their car windows.

f**k that. I've no time in the morning for that. Jug of water for me, slightly warmer than freezing. Never had any bother so far.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

f**k that. I've no time in the morning for that. Jug of water for me, slightly warmer than freezing. Never had any bother so far.

From memory, one of P&Bs great debates - whether to to use water on a frozen windscreen or not?

From memory, one of P&Bs great debates - whether to to use water on a frozen windscreen or not?

Some folk look at me open mouthed when I say that but as I say I've never had any bother with it so far. The water is barely warm and is far quicker than de-icer and scraping.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Some folk look at me open mouthed when I say that but as I say I've never had any bother with it so far. The water is barely warm and is far quicker than de-icer and scraping.

Agressively scraping frost off is a good way to start the day.  It reduces some of the anger at the futility of life before heading into work.