Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Absolute scumbag bought an item from me off eBay this week, and has decided he doesn't want it (fair enough), but says he's not posting it back because it would cost him too much. He's going to call the eBay police on me if I don't give his money back to him sharpish.

I've known plenty of folk who've had buyers like this, but seriously, does it ever work? Just off the phone with one of one of eBay's customer service wonks, whose response can be summed up as "lolzers", followed by, "please don't give this person any money".

All this talk about dog shite up trees, I remember one day on the down to the shops on lunchtime from school we saw what seemed to be the remains of a dead Alsatian in a bin bag hanging from a tree. I do apologise for the slightly tenuous link.

4 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

All this talk about dog shite up trees, I remember one day on the down to the shops on lunchtime from school we saw what seemed to be the remains of a dead Alsatian in a bin bag hanging from a tree. I do apologise for the slightly tenuous link.

I think you'll find it was just a very hairy turkey.

59 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Absolute scumbag bought an item from me off eBay this week, and has decided he doesn't want it (fair enough), but says he's not posting it back because it would cost him too much. He's going to call the eBay police on me if I don't give his money back to him sharpish.

I've known plenty of folk who've had buyers like this, but seriously, does it ever work? Just off the phone with one of one of eBay's customer service wonks, whose response can be summed up as "lolzers", followed by, "please don't give this person any money".

Surely you have the screenhots of the conversation?

I've had my own trouble with eBay before.

Wife sold a dress and the purchaser claims she never received it.

Ebay told my wife to refund her even though my wife has 100% feedback for buying and selling.

That site is now just a joke 

Just now, Gaz FFC said:

Surely you have the screenhots of the conversation?

I've had my own trouble with eBay before.

Wife sold a dress and the purchaser claims she never received it.

Ebay told my wife to refund her even though my wife has 100% feedback for buying and selling.

That site is now just a joke 

Yeah, I'm not worried. I just find it bizarre that someone would buy something and consider it OK to say that they're keeping it but having the money back too, thanks very much.  Trying a sly credit card chargeback, sure - c***s do that all the time. But to actually get in touch and say, "I'm keeping this, and you're giving me a refund too, or else"? I guess it must work with some people. It wasn't even an expensive item, FFS.

I think we've had this conversation before, but you have to get proof of posting for every parcel, then claim the money back from the Royal Mail (or other courier) if the buyer claims they didn't get it. It's just 'the rules' now. Thankfully, I don't think it's yet part of 'the rules' that someone can take your items for nowt if they feel like it, but I guess we'll see!

Moving the goalposts. Though the building industry is absolutely the worst for overlapping, contradictory, multiple terminology. The amount of different terms for the same thing, depending on where you're from, how old you are and where you trained are mind-boggling.

Ba' hair is the one unit of measurement used globally.

The railway's pretty bad for that too. On a daily basis you have to swap between distances given in miles, metres, yards, chains, feet or SLUs . Depending on what yard you're in or the age/experience of the shunter you're working with you could be talked back in metres , yards , feet , megas, euros , twins , platforms, wagons ..... Pretty confusing at times !

In my work we have metal workers who can use metric and imperial in the same sentence, e.g. "I need a bit of 1/8th of an inch metal plate, 1500mm x 400 mm".

In my work we have metal workers who can use metric and imperial in the same sentence, e.g. "I need a bit of 1/8th of an inch metal plate, 1500mm x 400 mm".

I'm pretty sure my company's shunting handbook advises you 'must give distances in metres, counting down from 20 metres to stop 6 feet short of any obstruction'!

Through to Glasgow for Christmas shopping.

Not even made the city centre, because my girlfriends taking me around to visit her cousins and aunts.

I fucking hate Giffnock.

^^Commoner!

The best little main street for eating out in my biased opinion.
Not so good for gambling alcoholics though.

7 hours ago, mizfit said:

Not even made the city centre, because my girlfriends taking me around to visit her cousins and aunts.

I fucking hate Giffnock.

Serves you right for making a day of 'Christmas shopping', especially in November.

I fucking hate Giffnock.

Is there some kind of posh private school there? Seem to see a lot of snooty kids in blazers get off there.