Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Just now, Sergeant Wilson said:

Are you sure it wasn't you that stole the money? If someone asked me to recall that story I'd have said it was you. It's all this Dee this and Dee that, I get you all mixed up.

That's an age thing, Sarge

I've to go to Nairn tomorrow. f**k Nairn. A town designed by arseholes, for arseholes, populated by arseholes.

What makes this worse is the fact that some dickhead decided we should have our work Christmas night out in Nairn. f**k Nairn.

1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

I've to go to Nairn tomorrow. f**k Nairn. A town designed by arseholes, for arseholes, populated by arseholes.

What makes this worse is the fact that some dickhead decided we should have our work Christmas night out in Nairn. f**k Nairn.

You don't like Nairn then?

2 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Every time I go onto a new website some thing comes up about cookies. I know that your website, as with every other website, has cookies. Why does every website come up with a warning for it?

Because they changed the law a while back to make websites advise users of them. Wikipedia says:

The tracking cookies, and especially third-party tracking cookies, are commonly used as ways to compile long-term records of individuals' browsing histories – a potential privacy concern that prompted European and U.S. lawmakers to take action in 2011. European law requires that all websites targeting European Union member states gain "informed consent" from users before storing non-essential cookies on their device.

Could've been Keith, to be fair

Just in McDonald's for a coffee ( don't judge me , just dropped the car off for servicing in the middle of an industrial estate and it's the only place for miles around !) I'm the only customer in the place and my order is one coffee. The server gives me an order number then proceeds to make the coffee herself from the machine right behind her . When it's ready turns round , walks right past me to give it to someone else at the 'collection point ' who shouts out my order number as if the place is thick with customers and she has no idea who that order is for , for me to have to walk over there to get it !

Just in McDonald's for a coffee ( don't judge me , just dropped the car off for servicing in the middle of an industrial estate and it's the only place for miles around !) I'm the only customer in the place and my order is one coffee. The server gives me an order number then proceeds to make the coffee herself from the machine right behind her . When it's ready turns round , walks right past me to give it to someone else at the 'collection point ' who shouts out my order number as if the place is thick with customers and she has no idea who that order is for , for me to have to walk over there to get it !

The system works.

2 hours ago, JamesP_81 said:

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

The system works.

I f they didn't do it that way one of those two wuld be unemployed, and possibly unemployable elsewhere, and round the corner breaking in your car and nicking stuff,

Be thankful that these roles exist and for can be filled by those with the brain power to stick to the system like a poorly programmed automaton.

1 minute ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

When the boss sits at the table next to you in the lunch bit, I take the headphones off for a wee chat, he goes back to his paper, I get back to P&B, but feel it's rude to stick my headphones back in. This is the third time this week.

Being groomed?

From nairn myself (yes i am an arsehole)
Who ever decided to put all those traffic lights up and the sheer number of co-ops is infuriating enough but half the bars are now either closed or dying on their arses

You don't like Nairn then?

Not many do.