Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Kennboy1978 said:

Just off night shift, looking forward to a cold beer before bed. Opened the fridge - Nothing. My step son drank them all last night, he'll replace them on Friday. What good will that do me this morning ?

p***k.

When both my sons were at home they were like locusts :lol: I had to hide the beer, biscuits and crisps in the garage. Even now food goes missing, it coincides with a txt to me that they've been down for a lend of a power tool etc. No respect nowadays the c***s 

He's 28, the way I'm feeling this morning I'm ready for chopping him up and shoving him through the letterbox.

He’s 28? Get him to f**k. I moved out at 18, and I’m sure there’s others on here even earlier. Regardless of age, to finish the beer shows a lack of respect and compassion. Punch in the puss time.

I was actually unsure about the time and thought it was later on Sundays up until a few months ago. Fortunately for me I am always stocked up and don't have any beer thieves that loiter anywhere near my fridge. 

Is it not just 10-10 every day now? Maybe 11 on a Sunday but I thought they just standardised it to make it simple.

4 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Mid year appraisal in work today.

My boss doesn't have a clue what I actually do for a living. I could tell him anything and he wouldn't really have any grounds to doubt it. Our appraisal rating isn't worth enough money to make it a huge deal and if I was ripping the piss then I'd be dealt with long before now.

Just do away with the whole appraisal thing. It's bollocks.

We're in the throes of it just now - my boss asked me yesterday if it was more correct to say "unorthodox but effective" or "unconventional but effective" Half joking I said either one sounds like something I'd get in my report - he took a beamer so I guess I was bang on the money.

But yeah, do away with the whole reporting system unless someone's either actively seeking promotion or failing I reckon - a lot of appraisal systems are ridiculously over-engineered seemingly to provide something to do for otherwise unoccupied middle management.

The Markets, Business News' coverage of The Markets and all other related factors

Hey look some arseholes made some numbers on a screen disappear and this is catastrophic for the entire planet, and you must be told about this by all news outlets on a regular basis. f**k off.

Any upgrade of software inevitably results in a poorer functionality for the things you do every day.

"Right, we've written this software and it has been rolled out successfully, yeah!"

"F***, does that mean most of us are now redundant?"

"Au contraire, we're about to start writing a new but really rubbish version that nobody actually needs, which in turn will then be rewritten again because folk will get fed up of the upcoming version".

"Genius"

3 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

But yeah, do away with the whole reporting system unless someone's either actively seeking promotion or failing I reckon - a lot of appraisal systems are ridiculously over-engineered seemingly to provide something to do for otherwise unoccupied middle management.

As a (not unoccupied) middle manager, I can assure you we dread the bloody things too.

50 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Xercise4less, the tinks gym.....

Shandons mask slips...

I'm not sure if this is tongue-in-cheek, but is gym snobbery really a thing?

3 hours ago, mizfit said:

I forgot to take my morning skive (shite) and It doesn't feel right waiting until the afternoon.

I love having a shite in work.

Wee bit of quiet time away from my desk. Always a disappointment when you get in and one of the 2 cubicles is already occupied.