Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When you get a cup of tea from a Costa / Starbucks / whatever and they leave exactly .03 mm clearence to the rim for milk.

Makes you furious enough to smile politely and do nothing about. Then just go away and not enjoy your expensive tea.

Could also go in the 1st world probs thread tbh.

When you get a cup of tea from a Costa / Starbucks / whatever and they leave exactly .03 mm clearence to the rim for milk.

Makes you furious enough to smile politely and do nothing about. Then just go away and not enjoy your expensive tea.

I drink black coffee but always ask for room for milk as otherwise they fill it to the brim as if it were a latte or similar. With a latte the thickness of the milk makes spilling less of a problem but walking around with a black coffee filled to the top is a big spill hazard.

13 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Arbroath buses give you change. Dundee city buses have the machine thing that you have to put exact fare in. It’s quite funny seeing people kicking off cause the driver won’t let them on as they are 5p short

Trained to drive a bus about 3 years ago. Was between jobs and struggling to find anything.  Applied to First Aberdeen and learned to drive a bus, took about 3 weeks.

Passed the test on Thursday 13/11/14 in the morning,  and in the afternoon got a call from an agency for an Expeditor job at a Procurement House starting straight away, had been interviewed for a while before.

On the Friday learnt that you shouldn't care too much about fares as for every person that tries and underpay or is short 5p someone else will throw in £2 for a £1.50 fare and it ain't worth the hassle and as long as the box is close in total they don't care and don't expec the driver to check the fare in the machine as you throw the money in, unless it ridiculously wrong, putting in 50p for a £3 day ticket for example. I then quit and went to the office job.

So I can drive a bus although have never done it since the day I passed my test and know that a driver arguing over 5p is a twat.

Arbroath buses give you change. Dundee city buses have the machine thing that you have to put exact fare in. It’s quite funny seeing people kicking off cause the driver won’t let them on as they are 5p short

Similarly, in Fife bus drivers give (or gave, not been on a bus in Fife for about a decade) change but Aberdeen buses don’t (contactless will bankrupt the c***s hopefully).
Anyway, first time after I’d moved I got the bus and gave the driver a five note. Boy went off his nut shouting that I should know it’s not in to him to carry change. How would I know this mate, I’ve just moved here. He apologised and had change on him anyway? Weird types, bus drivers.

2 hours ago, Jeek said:

You could utter the useful phrase "could you leave room for milk please?" when ordering. HTH. 

Folk that choose to sit at the very front of the top deck of a bus (particularly when the whole deck is empty) .

Back when I were a lad on the school bus, those were the seats for not just First Years, but those at the very bottom of the food chain, the absolute cannon fodder who would go to bed dreaming of the very back centre middle seat occupied by the alpha male.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Folk that choose to sit at the very front of the top deck of a bus (particularly when the whole deck is empty) .

Back when I were a lad on the school bus, those were the seats for not just First Years, but those at the very bottom of the food chain, the absolute cannon fodder who would go to bed dreaming of the very back centre middle seat occupied by the alpha male.

Or for the folk who would remove the glass panel from the driver's periscope to the top deck and drop down a wad of burning paper onto the driver..

The BBC Scottish Pictures of the week section. I like this section, it's  normally got some great photos in it and I myself have submitted photos to it in the past. However, what's really getting on my tits is the person/people who choose the photos for it. They keep putting pictures of the fucking Kelpies. A picture of the kelpies at night, a picture of some c***s wean running round the kelpie, somebodies daft dug looking at the kelpies - just F**K OFF with your shitty kelpies man. Don't get me wrong, I've been to see the Kelpies and they are pretty cool to look at. I wouldn't go again though, they are just big metal horses heids after all and the novelty is gone after one visit. Please just get these kelpies to f**k.

5 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

The BBC Scottish Pictures of the week section. I like this section, it's  normally got some great photos in it and I myself have submitted photos to it in the past. However, what's really getting on my tits is the person/people who choose the photos for it. They keep putting pictures of the fucking Kelpies. A picture of the kelpies at night, a picture of some c***s wean running round the kelpie, somebodies daft dug looking at the kelpies - just F**K OFF with your shitty kelpies man. Don't get me wrong, I've been to see the Kelpies and they are pretty cool to look at. I wouldn't go again though, they are just big metal horses heids after all and the novelty is gone after one visit. Please just get these kelpies to f**k.

(Inhales through teeth)

Hmm , I have almost the exact opposite gripe , I don't take milk and even when they ask if I want space for milk and I decline there seems to be a ridiculous gap left at the top . Even more infuriating when I go in somewhere and ask specifically for a black coffee and they just go ahead and assume i mean a black coffee watered down with half a mug of milk !