Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 10/10/2017 at 01:37, senorsoupe said:

Do you know what really grinds my gears?  People who don't turn their lights on when driving in pouring rain.  Drove back from my parents place today, about a 4 hour drive, it was chucking it down most of the way and I got really annoyed seeing cars without their lights on, especially grey cars.  Grey car, grey road, grey skies makes it really fucking hard to see you!!!

I agree but also present you with the opposite, Twats who drive with the foglights on permanently.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:18, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

She's lovely, and a Dundee supporter as well. Thank you.

It was back to Lucy today. They obviously pick the episodes to be shown out of a hat. They were in Fife today (2016). Guy turned a public lavvy into a lovely house in Lower Largo. I think I actually seen it the last time I was there.

On 10/10/2017 at 05:14, Cerberus said:

Selling stuff on eBay is horrible.
Be prepared to get severely fucked about.

51 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

Gumtree too.

Folk committing to buying my stuff and then not showing up.

Why are folk c***s?

Not only that.

When did a x-box or a shagged vauxhall corsa (slammed bruv innit, well quick) become recognizable forms of currency....?? 

Bonus points for when people would buy something at a fixed price, then send a message saying, "I don't actually want this - I've just bought it to make you take the listing down as it's overpriced".

Ah, the days when you could give buyers negative feedback.

Never heard of anyone doing that. Bizarre behaviour.

Two things though:

1) When did it become a thing that you couldn't give negative feedback to buyers??

2) Dickhead as these people sound, folk that put overpriced shit on eBay are goons too. I've seen all sorts of charity shop crap on there which some hopeful lackwit has labelled "rare", etc. Happens a lot with comics etc.

I like leaving a "question" saying it's cheap junk sometimes. I'd rather other people didn't get ripped off by a chancer.

"Hi there, I understand that you need the parcel however there has been a delay at the depot. I have escalated this requesting for a delivery attempt to be made as soon as possible. Please accept my apologies for your experience regarding this delivery and for any inconvenience caused. Should you need our assistance in the future please do not hesitate to contact us. Thanks Cathy"

Standard bullshit answer. 

If you go on saynoto0870 you can usually find the local depot's number. If you call them and are nice you can often get it resolved in the same day.

4 hours ago, MacDuffman said:

Latest one I've seen recently, is people who drive with headlights on, but no tail lights. How is this even possible.

Is that the daytime running lights?

Seems new cars have these whereby the lights are on permanently. Hadn't realised the rear ones aren't though.

Edited by Gaz FFC

We've talked about people trying to get on a bus or train without letting folk get off first.

Almost as bad are those who suddenly decide to get off and push their way past the people who are now getting on.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

It was back to Lucy today. They obviously pick the episodes to be shown out of a hat. They were in Fife today (2016). Guy turned a public lavvy into a lovely house in Lower Largo. I think I actually seen it the last time I was there.

New lightbulb, old mattress on the floor and it was good to go?

Due to working late and the bus being slightly late I doubt I’m going to have time for a pint at the station before my train. Quite annoying.
Less petty, if the bus continues on it’s late trajectory I may well be in danger of missing the train. Not ideal.

Train is ten minutes later than I thought and the bus got its shit together so I’ve time enough for a pint!

1 hour ago, Gaz FFC said:

Is that the daytime running lights?

Seems new cars have these whereby the lights are on permanently. Hadn't realised the rear ones aren't though.

Permanent rear lights would be a bit confusing and could potentially cause accidents.  Huge number of new cars with daytime front lights now, used to be exclusively Volvos.