Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Got home to find a letter from HMRC saying they miscalculated my tax and I owe them a few hundred quid. Bit of a pisser.

How would one become NewJmothecat and change the holding company but keep my current personality?

Head to the Junior forum and work your way back up. Forget about the HMRC bill but keep your current green dots. 

2 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Got home to find a letter from HMRC saying they miscalculated my tax and I owe them a few hundred quid. Bit of a pisser.

How would one become NewJmothecat and change the holding company but keep my current personality?

You'd need to get a personality first.

1319765741001.jpg.56e41810ce0005da209be056f904f079.jpg

You want to keep your current personality ???????????

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I'm assuming that's what happened with Randy Giles so I will ask him.

Struggling to actually understand when I underpaid tax as every pay slip I've paid exactly what my tax code should have taken off.

Were you on the wrong tax code?

Were you on the wrong tax code?

No. I changed jobs some way through the tax year and according to the info they've given I've paid basically no tax in my previous job, despite working there for three months of the year and despite me being fairly certain I was getting taxed at the time. I'm going to go through my payslips.

Edit: payslips and bank account show I did pay tax on my last job. Maybe they made a mistake.

1 hour ago, Jmothecat2 said:

From memory, when it happened to me, Div offered to add to my rep score but that seemed pretty pointless.  You just have to start again.

People who don't understand that Friday is a day in work for doing the absolute bare minimum you can get away with.

Most weeks that covers my Monday to Thursday attitude too.....

You mean you put in extra effort on those days ????

Do you earn extra bonus for that?

I went to see Iron Maiden twice back in May and both times I was lucky enough to get on the barrier through their fan club. The gig in Glasgow was one of the best experiences of my life so far and took so many pics and a couple of videos that I look at almost every day to remind me of the gigs.

Did you not get deafened?

My wee brother was beside the speakers when Iron Maiden played at Ingliston in Edinburgh about 1989/90. He couldn't hear for days.

Did you not get deafened?

My wee brother was beside the speakers when Iron Maiden played at Ingliston in Edinburgh about 1989/90. He couldn't hear for days.

I had exactly the same problem a few times back in my regular gigging days, most notably when Motorhead rendered me deaf for the best part of a week on their Bomber tour.

People who don't understand that Friday is a day in work for doing the absolute bare minimum you can get away with.

Friday is the designated day for working at home. Start at 10 and finish at 12 is my usual routine.

A project manager arranged a conference call at 4 o'clock today which rattled me to my inner core.

27 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Friday is the designated day for working at home. Start at 10 and finish at 12 is my usual routine.

A project manager arranged a conference call at 4 o'clock today which rattled me to my inner core.

The role of a project manager is to be entirely self-justifying and to annoy folk.  I've never known a PM either in software or engineering who were capable of doing a proper job.