Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Turn up at a decent time and you won't have that many people in front of you and you won't have to be behind someone's phone.

When I was younger I used to always get through to the front as it wasn't part of the fun. Now I'd rather stand further back where I can actually listen to the music and have a few pints whilst not being battered around by some fat, sweaty mess.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

When I was younger I used to always get through to the front as it wasn't part of the fun. Now I'd rather stand further back where I can actually listen to the music and have a few pints whilst not being battered around by some fat, sweaty mess.

So your wife prefers to stand at the front?

The daft bint at work has been wearing high heels in the office for the last week, which is an invitation to ask why. She's getting in some practice because she's going to Ayr races tomorrow[emoji23].

Can't remember if I mentioned it on here, but I was sharing a bus with a couple of clearly transexual men turned women a couple of months ago where they were evidently trying out high heels for the first time. As they struggled to the front of the bus, it suddenly stopped at some traffic lights, leaving the two of them on their arses in the middle of the aisle, heels in the air. I was genuinely in tears trying to hold back the laughter and just the thought of it has me giggling away.

What really didn't help was the half arsed attempt at dressing up as women (makeup over stubble etc). Reminded me of the policeman and nutcase on the bus in Restless Natives.

Can't remember if I mentioned it on here, but I was sharing a bus with a couple of transexual men turned women a couple of months ago where they were evidently trying out high heels for the first time. As they struggled to the front of the bus, it suddenly stopped at some traffic lights, leaving the two of them on their arses in the middle of the aisle, heels in the air. I was genuinely in tears trying to hold back the laughter and just the thought of it has me giggling away.

Wid

Someone needs to inform the management at my place of employ that decreasing the number of bins available will not decrease the amount of rubbish people throw away. It'll just mean the same amount of rubbish overflowing in a smaller number of bins.

Not defending the practice but surely the point of filming a song is that it's the one you were at, not just some random performance that you've picked up on YouTube. It's the same reason that people take photos of Big Ben/Edinburgh Castle/whatever when they could easily buy a postcard. So they can show it to their friends and say, "I was there!" 

Your last sentence sums up the whole thing.

Trying to get approval from other people. It's so needy. Tying up our self worth with what the world thinks about us.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Trying to get approval from other people. It's so needy. Tying up our self worth with what the world thinks about us.

BOOM!!!!! There it is. Social media for 99% of people in a nutshell. 

The daft bint at work has been wearing high heels in the office for the last week, which is an invitation to ask why. She's getting in some practice because she's going to Ayr races tomorrow[emoji23].

Ayr have just called off the Saturday ( Thursday and Friday had been cancelled already due to a waterlogged track ),
They having a free open day tomorrow to watch racing from elsewhere on giant screens.

Please enjoy telling her all that practise has been a waste of time as the Gold Cup is off [emoji23]

Ayr have just called off the Saturday ( Thursday and Friday had been cancelled already due to a waterlogged track ),
They having a free open day tomorrow to watch racing from elsewhere on giant screens.

Please enjoy telling her all that practise has been a waste of time as the Gold Cup is off [emoji23]

She is absolutely seething about it. Pleasing!