Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Surely that's what your memory is for though? :lol: 
The majority of these social media drones with their phones filming concerts don't even know why they're doing it :lol: They've just been conditioned by social media. 

Well you'd think, but I can see the point of it.

In the same way a couple who've been together for 5/6 years know each other perfectly and should be imprinted within memories. They may still engage in sending pictures to each other. People just like having a visual representation to share with others or watch back themselves.

I've no issue with it for a few pictures or a video, the whole thing is excessive, especially when it'll be filmed by a proper camera and released most likely.

1 minute ago, Nold said:

The current trend of pointlessly adding the 'bang' into sentences.  For example, referring to a player as being 'bang average'.

Can't say I've ever heard it.

Though now that you've pointed it out it'll be everywhere.  

1 hour ago, Nold said:

The current trend of pointlessly adding the 'bang' into sentences.  For example, referring to a player as being 'bang average'.

There is a girl I work with that uses the word 'actual' when describing stuff - 'that's actual hilarious', 'that's actual scary', 'that's actual annoying'.

Don't understand why people would talk like that...

34 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

There is a girl I work with that uses the word 'actual' when describing stuff - 'that's actual hilarious', 'that's actual scary', 'that's actual annoying'.

Or worse when you tell these absolute cuntsuppers something and they respond with surprise and say "actual?". Boot. Pie.

55 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure what a cuntsupper is, but I think I might have issue with its negative connotations here.

Simply a person who is a mixture of cunty things. For example in this instance the person in question uses the word "actual" in every sentence and also, as kindly pointed out by Ceberus, they probably also watch the Kardashians.

1 hour ago, IainMorton said:

Saying literally in front of everything is the one that annoys me.

Another one coming from reality tv.

10 hours ago, Widge said:

Yeah I totally agree with this. Fair enough doing it for your favourite song because you want the memory. But people who do it for the whole thing have a special place in hell reserved for them.

I take photos at gigs but that's about it. Wouldn't even film a song. Especially a favourite. Would kinda ruin the live enjoyment of it.

I take photos at gigs but that's about it. Wouldn't even film a song. Especially a favourite. Would kinda ruin the live enjoyment of it.

I just deleted videos of the Roses at Hampden yesterday to free up some space, only two 35 second ones but I've come to realise it's absolutely pointless. Could probably type it in to YouTube or Twitter and see a much better quality one that's not taking space up on your phone.

All part of the look at me craze amongst people nowadays.
They aren't so much desperate to go to the show as they are desperate to tell everyone and anyone they were at the show.
Real fans can't get tickets because of these tosspots either.

"Nowadays"

This has been happening for years, old timer

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I just deleted videos of the Roses at Hampden yesterday to free up some space, only two 35 second ones but I've come to realise it's absolutely pointless. Could probably type it in to YouTube or Twitter and see a much better quality one that's not taking space up on your phone.

Not defending the practice but surely the point of filming a song is that it's the one you were at, not just some random performance that you've picked up on YouTube. It's the same reason that people take photos of Big Ben/Edinburgh Castle/whatever when they could easily buy a postcard. So they can show it to their friends and say, "I was there!" 

19 hours ago, Blootoon87 said:

People who film the majority of concerts on their phone. Put it down FFS, some of us want to watch it live and not through your phone screen.

Turn up at a decent time and you won't have that many people in front of you and you won't have to be behind someone's phone.

I went to see Iron Maiden twice back in May and both times I was lucky enough to get on the barrier through their fan club. The gig in Glasgow was one of the best experiences of my life so far and took so many pics and a couple of videos that I look at almost every day to remind me of the gigs.