Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, whiskychimp said:

My missus slices the cheese down the large cross section. I slice it the other way. Every time she eats some my slices get thinner. 

This sort of thing always brings out the worst in P&B. Who is correct?

You are both wrong.  If you're sharing a decent piece of cheese, some fruit, biscuits and a half bottle of port then you take it in turns to cut the cheese on the diagonal.

She is saying you would all do it like her if you had the dexterity. Here is her quote" if they weren't all so fucking stupid , and likely cut off their fingers they wouldn't do it wrong. "

What is she planning to do with these large cheese rectangles? Tile the fucking floor? 

After telling her the responses on here she has come back with, " if you buy pre-sliced cheese it doesn't come in rubbish wee bits."

More sinisterly she also says, "I'd better not buy a cheese wire."

Dont know if she's talking death or John Wayne Bobbit.

You do know there is more than one use for a cheese wire?

Honest to f**k, there have been some depraved things revealed on here, but this is right up there with standing up to wipe and people who brush their teeth in the shower.

I agree.

It's completely inefficient to cut cheese like that. Even if you had the dexterity and patience to start off, by half way through you're fucked.

I've read the last couple of pages and I'm still not entirely sure what's going on.

Does she lie the cheese flat on it's large side?  Or stand it upright along the longest narrow side and slice down the way?

Because the second example is correct.  The first is the act of a crazy person.

2 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I've read the last couple of pages and I'm still not entirely sure what's going on.

Does she lie the cheese flat on it's large side?  Or stand it upright along the longest narrow side and slice down the way?

Because the second example is correct.  The first is the act of a crazy person.

I took it as she cuts down the largest face of the cheese.. which would take an very steady hand and sharp long knife to avoid getting an uneven slice of a quarter the block of cheese.. madness.

Just now, irvine_buddie said:

I took it as she cuts down the largest face of the cheese.. which would take an very steady hand and sharp long knife to avoid getting an uneven slice of a quarter the block of cheese.. madness.

I hadn't even contemplated that someone would do this.  She'll kill him in his sleep.