Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

28 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

My missus slices the cheese down the large cross section. I slice it the other way. Every time she eats some my slices get thinner. 

This sort of thing always brings out the worst in P&B. Who is correct?

15 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

The way I am reading it is that here slice of cheese if laid down, would be the full area of the biggest side of a block of cheese.

If this is in fact the case, lock your fridge and tell her she gets what food you provide for her until she can behave like a fucking human, and get her pie severely booted

Pie, get it kicked now

My missus slices the cheese down the large cross section. I slice it the other way. Every time she eats some my slices get thinner. 
This sort of thing always brings out the worst in P&B. Who is correct?

Get a grater. Grated cheese tastes better and she's less likely to get it wrong (without learning her fucking lesson).

4 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Either you've managed to buy a far bigger cheese plane than mine or you buy smaller blocks of cheese

Yours must be too wee.  Everyone I've owned has been wider than a standard block of cheese.

Never knew it was even called a cheese plane. I've always just called it a slicer. 

Either you've managed to buy a far bigger cheese plane than mine or you buy smaller blocks of cheese

I have a large carpenter cheese plane that I got as a gift from someone who had visited Norway. I worked as a cheesemonger at the time so ended up getting a lot of cheese related gifts for birthdays and Christmases etc. Got all sorts of useless things but that cheese plane is pretty fantastic. I've also got a Girolle which I've used precisely once, which was to cut some Tete de Moine that I bought for the sole purpose of actually using the Girolle.