Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

On 5/29/2017 at 17:53, Shandon Par said:

When did we start adopting the Americanism "Mac n Cheese"? What was/is wrong with macaroni cheese? 

Does @deej listen to 6 Music? Someone called Deej just had a message read out on Radliffe & Maconie raising this very same (petty) concern. 

Does [mention=68615]deej[/mention] listen to 6 Music? Someone called Deej just had a message read out on Radliffe & Maconie raising this very same (petty) concern. 

I do not, although I fully support my fellow Deej in his/her hatred of Americanisms.

Shops on a towns High Street who open 9-5 from Monday to Friday. The same hours the majority of people work. Throw in the fact that loads of people commute to a city and it's a daft strategy.

Better hours of business would include early evening. Possibly at the expense of a few hours in the morning.

The obsession the media seem to have about the Parkhead atmosphere whenever they play in the champions league. Atmosphere there is shite for run of the mill domestic games but a few good atmospheres for glamour games and the U.K. Media are obsessed.

Wonder what the atmosphere is like now they're 3-0 down.

Tradesmen who inhale through their teeth when they see what you want done. I know it's going to be expensive, just hit me with it I don't need the histrionics. 

Was it followed by "what cowboy did this for you?"

I'm sitting in the doctor's waiting room and some bint is sitting texting like f**k with the click sound turned on on her keyboard and I'm now going to have to ask the doc for some sort of pills to calm me down despite being here to see him about my hip.

11 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Better hours of business would include early evening. Possibly at the expense of a few hours in the morning.

Just like many parts of mainland Europe. Problem here is employees would want more money for working in the early evening. Even with a later start, it's just the way we think. That coupled with the massive shift in attitude required towards shopping in the early evening instead of just heading to the pub means it's unlikely to happen any time soon. 

Banking online with Santander. 

Always, when finished I click on log off, it then asks if I am sure I want to log off.?

My other half gets annoyed at me for shouting at the screen : "Of course I'm fucking sure I want to log off"

She doesn't really understand computers.