Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, resk said:

Ah right. I've only just started noticing and getting enraged by it. I wonder if the chap who says it thinks "aye, this is me, this is my thing".... or he secretly hates having to do it but is under strict orders from bosses to persist and every time he says it a small part of his soul dies.

Either way it's shite.

I remember reading an interview with him (FourFourTwo) I think, where he said it's something he came up with himself and wasn't a Sky directive. He also said once they went to commercials, Andy Gray would give him the thumb up or down depending on whether he thought he "hit it right" each time...pretty cringy really!

Cooking programmes for so called 'quick and easy' 10 min meals where the chef slices ten kilos of veg in four nanoseconds.

Or when they've got all the food pre-chopped. The chopping normally takes me the longest time.

2 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Plus washing up and cleaning doesn't count in the process

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

The studio staff do that.

What's their addresses till I post them my dirty dishes,

If it BBC programmes surely this is part of the license fee service ?

The afternoon gameshow "Impossible." Its multiple choice of 3 answers

You get a point for the correct answer. Zero points for the wrong answer. You get knocked out by the "impossible" answer.

By the definition of right and wrong, 2 answers ARE wrong AND impossible.

Dicks

45 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

The afternoon gameshow "Impossible." Its multiple choice of 3 answers

You get a point for the correct answer. Zero points for the wrong answer. You get knocked out by the "impossible" answer.

By the definition of right and wrong, 2 answers ARE wrong AND impossible.

Dicks

That's not how it works. If they asked "Who won the Scottish Cup in 2016?" and gave alternatives of Hibs, Rangers and Chelsea then Hibs is obviously the right answer, Rangers is the wrong answer and Chelsea is the impossible answer (because they were never in it).

That's not how it works. If they asked "Who won the Scottish Cup in 2016?" and gave alternatives of Hibs, Rangers and Chelsea then Hibs is obviously the right answer, Rangers is the wrong answer and Chelsea is the impossible answer (because they were never in it).

Why did their fans go then?

Hmmm. I would suggest Rangers is an impossible answer because Hibs won it (plus they don't exist)

My local main post office is open until 5.30 but they won't accept anything after 5.15 to be posted that day. As of today, the deadline is 5.05. In times when people are deserting Royal Mail in their droves for other carriers, a decrease in service is not the way to go.

While I'm at it.... there's always at least one of them cashing up rather than dealing with the queue.

3 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

My local main post office is open until 5.30 but they won't accept anything after 5.15 to be posted that day. As of today, the deadline is 5.05. In times when people are deserting Royal Mail in their droves for other carriers, a decrease in service is not the way to go.

While I'm at it.... there's always at least one of them cashing up rather than dealing with the queue.

That's understandable, there has to be a deadline for next day delivery.

51 minutes ago, whiskychimp said:

Hmmm. I would suggest Rangers is an impossible answer because Hibs won it (plus they don't exist)

It's not an impossible answer, because they could have won it (but they didn't) so by the rules of the programme it's just wrong. Chelsea on the other hand could not have won it because they didn't enter, so that's an impossible answer.

38 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The goaded ones.

Because their team was playing in the match. I don't see what point you're trying to make.