Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

19 minutes ago, Kmeister said:

At the risk of being sensible, before Inverclyde was invented Greenock was in Renfrewshire whose principal town is PAisley.
You think Greenock has it bad, Campbeltown has a PA post code also.

I always thought (probably wrongly) that PA stood for Paisley & Argyll, for then very reason that so many Argyll places had PA postcodes.

Men who don't like football at all. I realise that when I'm in awkward situations with other men I don't know you can usually speak about football, but as soon as they say they don't like football I realise I have no other 'new person' topics of conversation. At least if they like some sort of other sport I can talk enough about it.

Only problem in my office is lack of football chat. Only 7 others in my work.

5 females.

1 bloke who isn't really bothered about football. Not originally from UK and more interest in cricket as from India, though here long enough now holds UK passport. Fair enough to lack of football interest, but can at least show interest. And I like cricket,did my 1st England test match a few weeks ago and been to a few county games.

Worse than none football I raise you,

Other bloke is a MUFC cliche. Only interested in their result. Will only ever watch them on TV, literally wouldn't put any other game on, not even Aberdeen (the city he born in, lives in and the team he was taken to watch as a kid), or Scotland his nation.

Absolutely zero interest in any results that do not effect MUFC. Couldn't tell you any Scottish results on a Monday morning.

As someone that been to over 100 Junior and Senior grounds in Scotland, can add another 20 or so English and European grounds, will be in Lithuania in a fortnight for the Scotland game, and is planning to be in Glasgow 3 days later for the Malta game ( was in Malta for the first game), knows the draw for the 1st Round of the Scot Junior Cup is lunchtime on the 22nd and looking forward to it, and planning on adding Elland Rd to visited grounds with a game in Jan/Feb and have been to 2 North Junior games this week and am typing this while watching MotD

Give me non football over the MUFC dick any day.

This is probably why P&B is open on my computer at work all day.

People who don't genuinely like football but try and get involved in a football conversation are pretty annoying too. The types of people who get all excited when the wold cup is on despite not watching any football when the season is on.

people who get all excited when the wold cup is on despite not watching any football when the season is on.

Equally, people that suddenly get all excited about the 6 Nations yet have never watched a club game of rugby in their lives. I genuinely think this applies to the majority of Scottish fans at Murrayfield.

1 hour ago, MEADOWXI said:

Only problem in my office is lack of football chat. Only 7 others in my work.

5 females.

1 bloke who isn't really bothered about football. Not originally from UK and more interest in cricket as from India, though here long enough now holds UK passport. Fair enough to lack of football interest, but can at least show interest. And I like cricket,did my 1st England test match a few weeks ago and been to a few county games.

Worse than none football I raise you,

Other bloke is a MUFC cliche. Only interested in their result. Will only ever watch them on TV, literally wouldn't put any other game on, not even Aberdeen (the city he born in, lives in and the team he was taken to watch as a kid), or Scotland his nation.

Absolutely zero interest in any results that do not effect MUFC. Couldn't tell you any Scottish results on a Monday morning.

These two probably go home and complain about the guy in the office who is unable to talk about anything other than football.

These two probably go home and complain about the guy in the office who is unable to talk about anything other than football.

I happy to talk about anything,

Any sport, politics, music, history, movies, TV...........
And at push work.

1 hour ago, throbber said:

People who don't genuinely like football but try and get involved in a football conversation are pretty annoying too. The types of people who get all excited when the wold cup is on despite not watching any football when the season is on.

I don't think I have ever seen you post about football. Who's your team?

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Equally, people that suddenly get all excited about the 6 Nations yet have never watched a club game of rugby in their lives. I genuinely think this applies to the majority of Scottish fans at Murrayfield.

I long ago came to the conclusion that virtually no-one in Scotland actually likes rugby, but it's assumed you do because you've got a huge national stadium.

I don't think I have ever seen you post about football. Who's your team?

I support hibs and have had a season ticket since 13/14 season. I know it sounds stupid on a football forum but I can't really be bothered discussing football on here in too great a length despite going to all hibs home games and all Scotland home games that I can go to as well.

Rangers are my big team obviously.

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I support hibs and have had a season ticket since 13/14 season. I know it sounds stupid on a football forum but I can't really be bothered discussing football on here in too great a length despite going to all hibs home games and all Scotland home games that I can go to as well.

Rangers are my big team obviously.

You certainly have all the attributes of a Sevco fan.

You certainly have all the attributes of a Sevco fan.

I would love to know what I ever did to make you dislike me so much. Did you take a break from posting for a few months? Haven't seen you on here for a while.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

I would love to know what I ever did to make you dislike me so much. Did you take a break from posting for a few months? Haven't seen you on here for a while.

Don't take it personally I dislike everyone.  Ask my wife.  You will have to shout hard though as I've locked her in the garden shed.