Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When you quickly want to check the Scottish football scores on Soccerbase and having to scroll for about three miles past the English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Portuguese (have I missed any?) games before getting to ours!

A torn calf muscle, what a b*****d.

Must be the week for it, I've to go for an x-ray as the doctor thinks I've damaged a tendon in my left shoulder. Been put on 500mg of naproxen to ease the pain.

The owner off the flat on the first floor in the next stair along who keeps renting it out to utter scumbags

I saw the new ones hanging out the window drinking buckfast in old firm tops at lunchtime last weekend

This is not going to end well

4 police cars and an ambulance in my street last night

14 hours ago, IainMorton said:

When you quickly want to check the Scottish football scores on Soccerbase and having to scroll for about three miles past the English, Spanish, French, Italian, German and Portuguese (have I missed any?) games before getting to ours!

Women's.

Men who don't like football at all. I realise that when I'm in awkward situations with other men I don't know you can usually speak about football, but as soon as they say they don't like football I realise I have no other 'new person' topics of conversation. At least if they like some sort of other sport I can talk enough about it.

5 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Men who don't like football at all. I realise that when I'm in awkward situations with other men I don't know you can usually speak about football, but as soon as they say they don't like football I realise I have no other 'new person' topics of conversation. At least if they like some sort of other sport I can talk enough about it.

Definitely OFTW.

For avoidance of doubt and at risk of coming across as being whooshed, this relates to others presuming that I'm an Aberdeen fan who has no idea how the fixture listing system works (ie. not the stupid Texans @ Denver NFL-type).

I did actually see an Aberdeen fan genuinely mess it up once though. He pulled a scarf out whilst arriving into Glasgow, not appreciating that Partick were playing the Dons at Pittodrie that day, not Firhill.

44 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

People telling you "You know Aberdeen are at home against Dundee today?" whilst you're travelling to watch Brechin in Dundee.

This sort of thing is certainly not a first.

I've had that happen to me too. Getting off the train at Glasgow Central en route to Greenock, and some guy walks up to me and says "don't you know that the Kilmarnock game is postponed?". I just shrugged my shoulders and kept walking.

I've also had some very dirty looks from Celtic fans on match days when they spot my blue scarf. They seem to forget that there is more than one team in Scotland that play in blue.

Edited by IainMorton

They seem to forget that there is more than one team in Scotland that play in blue.

Thankfully red is far rarer (despite red vs blues the classic Subbuteo type game).

Brechin, Aberdeen, Stirling... erm... Brora, Lossiemouth, Deveronvale, and a handful of whites with red trim.

I've had that happen to me too. Getting off the train at Glasgow Central en route to Greenock, and some guy walks up to me and says "don't you know that the Kilmarnock game is postponed?". I just shrugged my shoulders and kept walking.
I've also had some very dirty looks from Celtic fans on match days when they spot my blue scarf. They seem to forget that there is more than one team in Scotland that play in blue.

I was chumming a mate to a St Johnstone game a few years ago when they were in the first division away to Stirling Albion. Stopped for a couple of pints in a pub in Stirling before the game, someone saw his blue scarf and someone at the bar said 'I thought Rangers were up in Inverness today, you won't make it in time'.

Greenock is in Inverclyde and has a PA (Paisley, Renfrewshire) postcode...

At the risk of being sensible, before Inverclyde was invented Greenock was in Renfrewshire whose principal town is PAisley.
You think Greenock has it bad, Campbeltown has a PA post code also.