Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

After seeing supermint's post earlier about telling his pals what he was doing online.

Having to do a kind of half embarrassed cringing inside "I was talking to a pal" or "a boy at work" when relaying a P&B story to people in real life.

I tend to go with I heard this old bird say this whilst I was watching her from the her wardrobe. Saves the embarrassment

You can have fun without imbibing alcohol. Personally I dont find that consuming a substance which makes me more disconnected from reality is ever an improvement. That's what works for me.

People obviously find themselves in many situation where they realise their enjoyment is improved by drinking. Totally alien to me but that's just brain chemistry for you.

"You can have fun without imbibing alcohol". True.

You can also play football without boots. But I tend to find it a far better experience with the boots on.

10 hours ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

I'm still getting PM's following the fruit market fire in Glasgow, earlier.    For the umpteenth time -  I am not a fruit vendor and Morrisons was well stocked when I visited earlier.  

Cheers.  

Hang on a minute... a fruit market. In Glasgow?

The BBC Sport website.

When you go to football tables I can cope with the English Prermier being the default table

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/tables

But you have to search for the table you want now and if you type in 'Prem' the following come up;

Premier League Table

Search

Enter a team or competition 

All other leagues require the the country to be entered but the EPL doesn't,

and even if you type in 'English' it won't give you any options.

Type in 'Champ' and it give you;

Premier League Table

Search

Enter a team or competition 

I do almost all my browsing on my phone and there's two things that irritate me on the BBC sport app website. The first is when you go onto fixtures it takes you to them day by day, rather than just getting a full overview. The second is how difficult it is just to get onto the 'Scottish Football' page.

On 8/16/2017 at 17:49, GordonD said:

"Excludes Scotland". Doesn't affect me because I hate wine, but still... b*****ds.

Not really their fault. It's down to the licensing laws in Scotland.

18 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I do almost all my browsing on my phone and there's two things that irritate me on the BBC sport app website. The first is when you go onto fixtures it takes you to them day by day, rather than just getting a full overview. The second is how difficult it is just to get onto the 'Scottish Football' page.

The new fixtures/results page on the desktop version is shit. You used to get much more information, times of goals, cards, subs etc for results and each teams last 5 results for fixtures. Now you just get a list. They claim it's new and improved.

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Your cousins' other grandparents. Mysterious weirdos.

People from the Highlands are scratching their heads over this one. "My cousin doesn't have other grandparents..."