Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

7 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Apparently the People's Princess we all adore and miss and know that the world would be Utopia if she had lived

I really couldn't give less of a f**k about that. Didn't at the time. Really don't get it now. 

It staggers me the way people fawn all over stuff like this these days. 

People allowing folk with luggage onto the bus first. Behind me in the queue were two tourists with luggage, and the woman in front of me told them to go ahead of her, so me and my daughter had to stand in the torrential rain waiting to get on the bus whilst these fat American tourists struggled to get their luggage onto the rack. And of course as tourists they didn't know where they were fucking going to had to ask the driver. Whilst my daughter and I stood in the fucking rain getting wetter and wetter.

They took my favourite seat as well (fourth on the right, weirdly has extra leg room on a decent number of Lothian busses, something to do with the wheel placement apparently). Scum. Bet they will go back to America and talk about how nice everyone in Scotland is as well.

May need a cave to hide in for next week,
Apparently the People's Princess we all adore and miss and know that the world would be Utopia if she had lived
some skinny blonde bint died in a car driven by a speeding drunk 20 years ago this weekend, and Dodi did too.
I sense FB, the Mail online, TV are heading for grief anniversary overload.

She is currently in heaven hugging Bradley Lowery and playing fetch with Pudsey the Dug if that helps the sadness inside us all.

This. The Diana stuff is fucking nauseating.

Terrible tragedy for William and harry clearly but outside of that who gives a f**k.

I'll never understand the publics willingness to fawn over the royal family.

I had to put up with a work colleague defending Diana for all her affairs, she also tried to explain to me how this made Diana a great mum. This work colleague also didn't see how so much of it is spin and good PR as no one is going to come out and say who the real Diana was before she died in a car crash, especially not in a shite ITV documentary.

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

Terrible tragedy for William and harry clearly but outside of that who gives a f**k.

This has been covered before, but it amazes me whenever I go to America that they seem to be under the impression that we all follow their every move and hold them up as deities.

A couple started chatting to me whilst I was waiting on a drink in Florida earlier this year, but they moved off quickly when they started their fawning pish about the Royal family and I stopped them and told them I had no fucking interest whatsoever in them and that a large percentage of the population here feels the same way.  You'd think I had dipped my boaby in their pish american lager. 

3 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

This has been covered before, but it amazes me whenever I go to America that they seem to be under the impression that we all follow their every move and hold them up as deities.

A couple started chatting to me whilst I was waiting on a drink in Florida earlier this year, but they moved off quickly when they started their fawning pish about the Royal family and I stopped them and told them I had no fucking interest whatsoever in them and that a large percentage of the population here feels the same way.  You'd think I had dipped my boaby in their pish american lager. 

Maybe when they saw you in your full Rangers kit they assumed you'd have an interest in the royals? 

8 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

May need a cave to hide in for next week,

some skinny blonde bint died in a car driven by a speeding drunk 20 years ago this weekend, and Dodi did too.

I sense FB, the Mail online, TV are heading for grief anniversary overload.

She is currently in heaven hugging Bradley Lowery and playing fetch with Pudsey the Dug if that helps the sadness inside us all.

There's another month before the 20th anniversary so the coverage is only going to get worse, unfortunately.

BBC news 24 had a segment today where the anchor interviewed the Royal corespondent about the fact that Diana's brother disagreed with Harry and William being behind the car which contained Diana's casket. That was it. That was literally the story. And they didn't even actually at any point say why he disagreed with it.

10 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Umbrella cùnts.

Any coming towards me charge head down Donnybrook style, forcing me to lunge on to the road.

Any going the same way slow down and make a tight, impassable formation. Unless, of course, I lose patience and lunge on to the road.

If theyre short, I like to give them a glancing blow with my shoulder then turn around holding my eye and shouting, "watch where the f**k you're going. You almost took my eye out"

34 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

BBC news 24 had a segment today where the anchor interviewed the Royal corespondent about the fact that Diana's brother disagreed with Harry and William being behind the car which contained Diana's casket. That was it. That was literally the story. And they didn't even actually at any point say why he disagreed with it.

TBF there will be no video records of a minor event like that.

That's the way I pronounce it and while I'm here, it's wurrum not worm.

And English fella once tried to persuade me that wurrum was incorrect and it was in fact pronounced Wem (with elongation of the "e")

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

My abiding memory was that telly was shit for ages as anything that could loosely be interpreted as related to the accident got canned. I liked this Mitchell and Webb take on the murder theory.

Today my company announced the Instant Message programme we use is now available for download to our (personal) mobile phones. The idea I suppose, is so that we can be interrupted with incessant questions and time consuming requests for help 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, rather than just when we're actually trying to work. We had a departmental conference call and some of the brown-nosers were glowing about how convenient it is. Feck off, all of ye's.