Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Having to drop the bairn/missus in Montfuckingrose for 8am on a Sunday.

The Earl of Wessex is visiting Montrose too. If you are reading this, good people of Montrose, lock up your daughters.

Daughter had a few friends around on Friday afternoon. They thought it would be a good idea to destroy some polystyrene packaging and make snow. I spent about 3 hours on Saturday cleaning up the garden! Fucking wee polystyrene balls all over the place.

35 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Pretty sure I've seen a film with him and the Countess of Cockermouth.

Think you're getting mixed up with the Earl of Wee Sex and Princess Jobby.

Just saw him there. Sounded like he was actually trying to sing rather than give in the nasally Manx whine, which actually made him sound worse. I wouldn't waste Zippo fuel on him, Clipper at best.

Manx - from the Isle of Man

Manc - annoying nasally whiny c**t that needs his tambourine rammed up his arse.

On 2017-6-24 at 14:45, whiskychimp said:

This guy knows what PTTGOYN is.....

Screenshot_2017-06-24-14-40-25.thumb.png.f706bb011a7353d037ff57f56435dc45.png

Also, how does he get through train ticket gates?

Why doesn't he turn it sideways - then it would be a choice between front or back.

A couple of folk in this thread are coming perilously close to visiting an ATM machine. Unacceptable, unless you work in the adult film industry. It's just one step from there to forgetting your PIN number.

Hotel showers that don't have a little shelf to put your soap on.

(I appreciate that certain words in that sentence may be unfamiliar to some people from the west of Scotland. Don't worry about it, just move on.)

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

(I appreciate that certain words in that sentence may be unfamiliar to some people from the west of Scotland. Don't worry about it, just move on.)

Stays in cheap hotels imo?

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

What happened to soap-on-a-rope? Brilliant invention that has fallen by the wayside, like the moon landings.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

What happened to soap-on-a-rope? Brilliant invention that has fallen by the wayside, like the moon landings.

Or even hard soap?  When was the last time you bought a bar of Wright's Coal Tar or Pears?

2 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

A couple of folk in this thread are coming perilously close to visiting an ATM machine. Unacceptable, unless you work in the adult film industry. It's just one step from there to forgetting your PIN number.

PTTGOYN for this shite...

I bought my 15 yo her first pair of 6-hole Doc Marten's yesterday and we made said purchase from Livingston's favourite shoe-retailer - Schuh.  We'd never shopped there before but two things stood out:

1. In asking if they had said boots in a size 7 the young chap serving us scanned the bar code on the display boot which then brought up a stock list for each size.  This not only said what was in stock but also the re-order time for each size.  Good use of technology.

2.  The PTTGOYN bit...when I paid for said boots (on the same device used to scan for stock) he said, "Pop in your email address and we'll forward your receipt".  When I gave him a look he declared, "We won't spam you".  

Just FO.  Give me the receipt, please.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The PTTGOYN bit...when I paid for said boots (on the same device used to scan for stock) he said, "Pop in your email address and we'll forward your receipt".  When I gave him a look he declared, "We won't spam you".

They do that at Argos these days too. Seems to have caught on from the States, where some retailers used to ask for your address before giving you a receipt. Not being very bright, it took me ages to notice that everyone else just made something up with a zip code of '00000'.

Never got spammed, so I did wonder what that was all about. Something nefarious, no doubt.