Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Folk with that repulsive* sweat smell if you know the one I mean. Not typical BO but as if some horrific sweat is oozing out of them, possibly alcohol, although I'm not entirely sure this is to blame. A smell that will happily linger around the room after the person has left.

*repulsive isn't strong enough to describe it.

Bluebottles. The most useless creature in all of Christendom. How the f**k can they find their way in through an open window or door but find it almost impossible to find their way out again?

I reckon that's exactly what they'll be saying about us when they hover outside a pub.

4 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Bluebottles. The most useless creature in all of Christendom. How the f**k can they find their way in through an open window or door but find it almost impossible to find their way out again?

My cats are incredible at catching the little fuckers. Highly entertaining watching them pluck them from the air, toy with them under their paws for a minute then scoff them.

On 5/29/2017 at 17:53, Shandon Par said:

When did we start adopting the Americanism "Mac n Cheese"? What was/is wrong with macaroni cheese? It is food for the throbbers of this world anyway but even they deserve some dignity. Mac n Cheese. f**k off.

Even the normally reliable Food Programme on Radio 4 had an entire episode entitled  "Mac n Cheese".  I switched it off in disgust.  Still, P&B, as usual, is ahead of the game.  We had a discussion about it last year:

6 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Parents who have become so accustomed to their inability to control their 3+ children (and it is always 3+) they let them do whatever the f**k they want regardless of where the f**k they are.

I'd have made the same post yesterday but I nipped in to Waitrose after work today and there was a bloke about 30ish with one wean in the backpack and another two hanging off his hands and they all behaved impeccably.  A real credit.

What irks me is families regarding a trip to the supermarket as an outing.  It's a place to shop FFS.

8 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Parents who have become so accustomed to their inability to control their 3+ children (and it is always 3+) they let them do whatever the f**k they want regardless of where the f**k they are.

The screaming four-kids-shat-out-in-three-years ned broods are bad enough, but my real hatred is reserved for the middle-class couples who think a crowded rail carriage will find the sight and sound of Tobias and Poppy expressing themselves as enchanting as they evidently do.