Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 hours ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Just passed a couple of women screaming toxic abuse at each other outside the work. Wee greeting lassie stood watching yells out, "don't talk to my mum like that!"  :(

Amazing how the street can be empty, but suddenly a wee crowd emerges from the woodwork to cheer on their favourite.

I might have mentioned this one on here before, but I remember coming out from the Sainsbury's on Crow Road and seeing a bit of a commotion down towards the junction with Dumbarton Road. Turned out to be two ned burds - unusually both really tidy - knocking f**k out of each other in that way the fairer sex do, with lots of hair-pulling, clothes-ripping and shouts of "YA COOOOWWW!"

Within minutes it had attracted a crowd that would shame some teams in the lower leagues, and obviously no-one was bothering stopping this one - a guy that had come out of the Chinese at the corner was sharing out his chips, and I firmly believe if the polis had shown up, they'd have did what we did and just enjoyed the proceedings.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-39965925

The fact that the word "Bigly" is apparently a word that is acceptable to use in a serious article now because that fud Trump kept using it and it turned out to be a real word.

ETA - For some reason when you click on the article the headline is different, but this is the headline on bbc news front page.

Young women

Edited by irvine_buddie

Not sure if this is petty or not but f**k moving house and all the shit that goes with it!

Definitely not petty. That goes beyond petty. I fucking hate it.

Our first flat was a wee one bedroom and so it was moving stuff from my bedroom at my parents to there. That wasn't too bad, a couple of car journeys. We then moved from that to a two bedroom and couldn't believe the amount of shite that we'd accumulated in such a small place. We moved to our current house at the start of the year and we had so much junk we dumped a shitload rather than take it with us. Our current (and final) house is a four bedroom so there is absolutely no way I'm moving again. If she chucks me she can keep everything expect my consoles and TV. I'd rather buy everything again than pack it up and move. We moved in at the end of February and we still have boxes left to unpack. I seriously hated every minute of moving and it's understandable that it's supposedly one of the most stressful life events.

28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Our first flat was a wee one bedroom and so it was moving stuff from my bedroom at my parents to there. That wasn't too bad, a couple of car journeys.

That's a lot of scud mags.

Just now, Rugster said:

£5.50 a pint in Center Parcs. Can't remember what brand it was.

You're a hostage there though and if you get change from a fiver in city centres, it's a bonus. In Newcastle this week the range is about 4 to 6, out with 'spoons.

1) Being asked why I don't have any kids yet but a nosy auld c**t in the office.

2) When I said its because I don't like kids and don't want any, being told I should have them because other peoples kids shouldn't have to look after me when I'm old. Right, OK, this is from the old guy whose kids have fucked off abroad, doubt they'll be back to look after him.

Fucking w****r.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Kill the conversation stone dead by announcing that either;

A) You canny get your hole

Or

B) You are a eunuch and are willing to prove it if he doesnt f**k off.

He knows I live with my boyfriend so I'm not sure I can pretend the first one but I like the idea of the second :thumsup2

1 minute ago, Jambomo said:

1) Being asked why I don't have any kids yet but a nosy auld c**t in the office.

2) When I said its because I don't like kids and don't want any, being told I should have them because other peoples kids shouldn't have to look after me when I'm old. Right, OK, this is from the old guy whose kids have fucked off abroad, doubt they'll be back to look after him.

Fucking w****r.

TBF he could debate on who the real w****r is.

4 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Fucking w****r.

Arseholes like that should be slapped in the face. How do they know anyone's circumstances? Ok in your instance it's because you don't want kids, but it could be the case that someone cannot have kids and really wants to, and asking that sort of question isn't exactly going to go down well. 

2 hours ago, thomas said:

Not sure if this is petty or not but f**k moving house and all the shit that goes with it!

Moved house loads of times. Started off with big hired vans but last time was with the car and my little van as it was all down to a fine art. Worst thing is moving all the boxes of crap from one attic to another. Absolutely no idea why we keep most of it. Thankfully we are now finally settled and the next box that gets moved out of here will have my dead body in it.

1 minute ago, Rugster said:

Arseholes like that should be slapped in the face. How do they know anyone's circumstances? Ok in your instance it's because you don't want kids, but it could be the case that someone cannot have kids and really wants to, and asking that sort of question isn't exactly going to go down well. 

I know. Actually I should have said to him that it was my dearest wish but i'm infertile and then burst into tears. If I'd known he'd be a dick when I answered I might have been less truthful!

2 hours ago, thomas said:

I hate this also and the worst I've had to do is move a car full of stuff from rented accommodation into an empty house.

Furniture shopping, as opposed to moving, has been the thing I've despised most though.  Hunting around pretty much every town in NE Scotland for a couch that both the OH and I find comfortable to replace the temporary £20 inflatable couch we had to use upon arrival.  Deliveries were the biggest ****.  "We'll deliver it between 12 and 5 on Monday", just fantastic when you have a job and need to repeat the process for beds, tables etc etc.  This being a few weeks after you bought the bloody thing.