Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

9 hours ago, MEADOWXI said:

Give it 6 month and some hipster twat will have opened a shop selling 'de-constructed sandwiches';

Bag with two slices of bread, a wee pack of butter and a wee bag of grated cheese and a plastic knife for the butter.

Sell it for probably twice the price of a sandwich next door in the supermarket - and trendy oxygen-thief cockwombles like her will buy them

This could well be a business idea...as long as the bread was described as 'artisenal or 'rustic'.  There's a local(ish) brewery opened what they call a 'bottle shop and tap' in the town and, tbf, their stuff is excellent.  How they brand it gets on my tits, though.  From their website:

" High Wycombe was also the first outlet to have a small batch, hand roasted coffee offering and an artisan pizza kitchen, for when you get the beer munchies."

Tossers.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

It's like Speam Bridge and Dalwhinnie also, both well known places but mostly important for their toilet/junctions. Although Dalwhinnie does have a distillery.

I once got a free drink for knowing that Dalehinnie is the highest distillery in Scotland.

Edited by Ziggy
Being a daftie

There's a sign for Perth in Elgin.

Fucking Perth. In fucking Elgin.

To be fair kind of understandable as obviously the way to the A9/central belt. Considering Elgin is the only real bit of civilisation between Inverness and Aberdeen.

2 minutes ago, Bobby Skidmarks said:

If you've ever been to Joanna's nightclub, then you'd retract that statement. 

Spent many a wednesday night in there :lol: Grab a granny night is famous all over the RAF ;) 

I was late in on many a thursday morning :) 

Civilised isn't a word I'd associate with it for sure but hey!! Yer hole's yer hole..... 

6 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Women who carry their handbags in the crook of their arm. What is that all about? Looks fucking ridiculous.

Only way to roll a fag on the move.

Edited by welshbairn

31 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Women who carry their handbags in the crook of their arm. What is that all about? Looks fucking ridiculous.

It's worse when they unload then reload a shopping trolley at the checkout with one hand when all they had to fucking do was put the bag down.

15 hours ago, throbber said:

There's a toilet at Crianlarich that is a good stop off point for motorists. It's also home to a junction that goes to Stirling/East of Scotland if you go straight ahead or it takes you to Glasgow if you go right.

I have some very fond memories of the toilets and the junction there.

Have you ever thought about writing a travel guide?