Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When yer waiting to cross the road and there's enough space, say 20 yards, between two cars that you can get across with but, as the lead car gets closer the throbber in the car behind decides to speed up closing the gap quicker than ye'd imagined and ye need stand their waiting like a spare dick.

8 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Tour de Yorkshire. It's in England the daft b*****ds.

You must have missed the bit in the news where they told us that Yorkshire has been given to France as part of the. Brexit deal. They chose Yorkshire because of it's similarity to France, they eat strange food and you can't understand a word they say.

11 hours ago, Torpar said:

Call centre workers walking around away from their desks with their headsets still on, why??

I got in the lift at work the other week and some cockwomble got in on the floor below that houses the call centres, wearing a bluetooth headset, and continued the conversation he was having with a customer.

I think I made my utter disgust with him clear by staring at the side of his head, visibly seething until we got out.

The way some people pronounce the indefinite article really irks me.
'A' should almost always be pronounced softly such as, "We have 'ah' winner'.  The recent trend is to express this as, "We have ai winner" which means something different.  Too often 'ai' is used instead of the standard English 'eh'.
The worst example I've heard is John Pienaar pronouncing 'another' as 'ai-nother'.  What a tosspot.  Almost as bad as those who rhyme 'decade' with the word for a decomposed body.

I'm working with an Australian project manager at the moment, and he regularly pronounces data as "dah-ta" - so i hear about dah-ta centres and dah-tabases more than I'd ever care to. p***k.

21 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I got in the lift at work the other week and some cockwomble got in on the floor below that houses the call centres, wearing a bluetooth headset, and continued the conversation he was having with a customer.

I think I made my utter disgust with him clear by staring at the side of his head, visibly seething until we got out.

Had one earlier this week when three or four English punters - clearly visitors to the building - got in the lift and carried on their conversation at annoyingly loud volume while blocking the floor buttons:

"Five, please..."

"BLAH, BLAH..."

"Could you press five?"

"BLAH, BLAH..."

Eventually a guy I know - big unit - physically lifted one of them out the way in order to hit the other floors. Not a peep from them after that...

Welcome to Glasgow.

It's a fair enough point slippery P it was happening near my flat for a while and I couldn't see where the car was but the alarm would be going for ages in the middle of the night and that's what I felt like doing!

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 19:00, Dons_1988 said:

Guys who wear ties everyday to work when there's no dress code to suggest you have to.

A guy in Falkirk who sweeps the streets is always seen in a suit under his high visibility jacket. Kids call him Bogie.

I'm working with an Australian project manager at the moment, and he regularly pronounces data as "dah-ta" - so i hear about dah-ta centres and dah-tabases more than I'd ever care to. p***k.

What's more annoying is people who insist on saying things like "These data show" as opposed to "This data shows" using data as a plural noun to show off that they know that "datum" is the latin singular.

3 hours ago, Gaz FFC said:

A guy in Falkirk who sweeps the streets is always seen in a suit under his high visibility jacket. Kids call him Bogie.

Does he pack his lunch in a sunblest bag?

Some boys car alarms been going off randomly all week for about half n hour at a time.

Woke me up 3 times the last week. Close to slashing the c***s tyres.*

* no really.

This happened with my neighbours car a good few years ago while they were away in holiday. Police disconnected the battery on it to stop it.

37 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

This happened with my neighbours car a good few years ago while they were away in holiday. Police disconnected the battery on it to stop it.

If you lift the rear of the car about a foot onto bricks the alarm cuts out. It's to stop it if it's towed away.