Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Doesn't seem to be a problem with bio powders but I'll try it, ta.

Manufacturers recommend you give it a hot wash once a month with an empty load so it wouldn't hurt. Just an egg cup full of bleach at 90 degrees for 2 hours and it will be sparkling clean!

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

Manufacturers recommend you give it a hot wash once a month with an empty load so it wouldn't hurt. Just an egg cup full of bleach at 90 degrees for 2 hours and it will be sparkling clean!

Might jump in myself.  I could do with a bit of a scourging.

Might jump in myself.  I could do with a bit of a scourging.

I don't want to be liable if anything goes wrong so please don't attempt to fit yourself in there. Let me know how you get on with the bleach idea.

I fucking give up.

'Pawternity' leave - firms with unusual staff benefits.

Thankfully for Gia, her employer - Scottish brewer Brewdog - announced a rather unusual new employee perk earlier this year - one week's paid leave for all workers who adopt a puppy or rescue dog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39579540

7 minutes ago, Jamaldo said:

I accidently said "rud of blush to the head" at work today, instead of "rush of blood to the head". I corrected myself immediately but the damage was done.

What a blushing crow if you were with your colleagues.

Edited by The_Kincardine

The way some people pronounce the indefinite article really irks me.

'A' should almost always be pronounced softly such as, "We have 'ah' winner'.  The recent trend is to express this as, "We have ai winner" which means something different.  Too often 'ai' is used instead of the standard English 'eh'.

The worst example I've heard is John Pienaar pronouncing 'another' as 'ai-nother'.  What a tosspot.  Almost as bad as those who rhyme 'decade' with the word for a decomposed body.

1 minute ago, jupe1407 said:

When you need a company's phone number or even postal address and their atrocity of a website only offers an email contact form, and gleaning any further contact information is akin to the fucking Labours of Hercules.

c***s.

Never join Talktalk.