Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Ties are a mental piece of attire if you actually stop and think about it.  A patterened piece of material tied around your neck and left to dangle down your front. If they hadn't been invented and someone suggested this to you to wear you would think they had lost their mind.

Probably invented so some elderly authority could quickly bring the subject to heel.

They are a silly thing we all need to do away with.

13 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Bought a massive box of non bio washing powder and my clothes stink more after washing than tbey did before.

Put less clothes in the drum would be my top tip for the day. I recently got a new machine and took the time to read through the instructions and despite it being a 9kg drum the advised load amount depending on the cycle varies quite a bit. The actual maximum advised load was something like 5kg of clothes which makes you wonder why it's advertised as a 9kg machine.

Fucking hell, I appear to have been suddenly possessed by a 55 year old housewife.

Bought a massive box of non bio washing powder and my clothes stink more after washing than tbey did before.

I think this is more of a fault with your washer, I was having this and stuck an egg cup full of bleach through it at a 90 degree wash and it fixed the drainage problem I was having and the clothes smelt lovely again. This was all thanks to Welshbairn/Mumsnet but I recommend doing it.

11 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Ties are a mental piece of attire if you actually stop and think about it.  A patterened piece of material tied around your neck and left to dangle down your front. If they hadn't been invented and someone suggested this to you to wear you would think they had lost their mind.

Hate wearing a tie, I only every do it if I have to wear a suit for funerals, weddings etc. As you said it's bizarre when you think about it, it serves no purpose, it's uncomfortable on your neck, when you bend down it dangles in your face and when your eating it dangles in your food.

Someone told me that ties were invented to attach collars to shirts, but now shirts come with collars come ready attached to shirts the whole tie thing seems needless. I'm supposed to wear one for work but tend not to and only really wear one when I'll be bringing attention to myself for not wearing one.

10 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

On the fabric conditioner/washing powder, shampoo, etc theme. How manufacturers claim that their new and improved product is now twice as good as it's predecessor. Why did you not make it better in the first place.

I noticed on the back of the dishwasher tablets box the other day that they had a wee chart showing all the different kinds that they sell.  The one we have is the bog standard powerball tablet.  Their chart basically says that compared to their super duper Quantum tablet, you'd be as well washing your dishes in dog shite.

33 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

They are there to draw attention to your cock and balls. The birds love a tie.

True dat.

I knew you'd get on the defensive after that picture you posted of yourself with something like 3 ties on, you tie loving c**t.

3 hours ago, irvine_buddie said:

Hate wearing a tie, I only every do it if I have to wear a suit for funerals, weddings etc. As you said it's bizarre when you think about it, it serves no purpose, it's uncomfortable on your neck, when you bend down it dangles in your face and when your eating it dangles in your food.

This is why tie slides were invented.

4 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Put less clothes in the drum would be my top tip for the day. I recently got a new machine and took the time to read through the instructions and despite it being a 9kg drum the advised load amount depending on the cycle varies quite a bit. The actual maximum advised load was something like 5kg of clothes which makes you wonder why it's advertised as a 9kg machine.

Fucking hell, I appear to have been suddenly possessed by a 55 year old housewife.

Cheers.  First things I washed were a duvet cover and two pillow slips which filled the drum (oo-er).  Might struggle to get less in it than that.  I did try these wee beads that are meant to freshen your wash, but the evil smell battered f**k out of the good smell overnight.

Being a sad b*****d, I went onto the maker's website and it's full of 5 star praise for their product.  Not surprisingly.  Once I get my swear words past their firewall, I'll put them right.

4 hours ago, throbber said:

I think this is more of a fault with your washer, I was having this and stuck an egg cup full of bleach through it at a 90 degree wash and it fixed the drainage problem I was having and the clothes smelt lovely again. This was all thanks to Welshbairn/Mumsnet but I recommend doing it.

Doesn't seem to be a problem with bio powders but I'll try it, ta.