Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

In the not too distant past I have had to 'phone for a doctor's appointment.  If I wanted my 'own' doctor I have maybe had to wait a couple of days otherwise no more than a day.  Maybe we are just fortunate in The People's Republic of Dundee.

Definitely lucky, GD. I don't go to the doctor often (hard as f**k, see) but it's usually a battle firstly just to get the receptionist to agree that an appointment is necessary then the two appointments I've been lucky enough to make have both been a couple of weeks waiting time just to see any doctor.

1 minute ago, NorthernJambo said:

Definitely lucky, GD. I don't go to the doctor often (hard as f**k, see) but it's usually a battle firstly just to get the receptionist to agree that an appointment is necessary then the two appointments I've been lucky enough to make have both been a couple of weeks waiting time just to see any doctor.

The elderly get seen quicker, it's embarrassing for the surgery if they kick the bucket while waiting for an appointment.

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

I hate receptionists who think they're qualified to give an opinion. FCK off ye old boot, I'll tell all my medical concerns to the actual GP, not some gossiping Widnae.

I've started being extra nice down the phone to my doctors receptionist ever since I turned up and seen this 20 something big fucking ride :wub:

Took a lot of willpower to not say 'hey babe I'm here for my 4.30'

Just tried to book in to hotels in Edinburgh at short notice.
Can't get in to any of my favourites because some film making fan dans have booked them all!
F*ck them

All you need to do is seduce Scarlett Johansson or Robert Downey Junior (according to taste) and you'll wake up in that room after all

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I hate receptionists who think they're qualified to give an opinion. FCK off ye old boot, I'll tell all my medical concerns to the actual GP, not some gossiping Widnae.

The best bet in that scenario is to call their bluff.  The last time a receptionist done that with me I stripped off and showed her the ailment that I was having a problem with.

Unfortunately the jury refused to believe that story.

Ha! If only.

Thankfully I barely ever go as I'm in fairly healthy shape. However there was a time I had a lot of mental health issues and you could see the "bullshit" thoughts in their face every time I went. Absolute c***s, should have showed them the self harm scars.