Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My daughter really enjoys pulling books from the bookshelf and DVDs from the DVD shelf, which is usually fine but lately she has figured out how to open the DVD cases, so we are having to watch her closely. Sadly we obviously haven't done this well enough as I've went and stuck You Only Live Twice in and the DVD didn't work. Taking it out the machine there are clear sticky baby finger marks all over the disk.

Now need to chose a different Bond to watch, but had You Only Live Twice in my head the last couple of days. Not going to get my Volcano lair fix now.

C'mon, spill the beans.

Just the usual Deeman, nothing overly bad but it was a case of picking up the phone yesterday afternoon and just really wishing I'd decided to stay sober on Saturday.

I'll get over it and do it all again another time no doubt but for just now it's a bit of a minter.

Still feel hungover too, which is shite.

Just the usual Deeman, nothing overly bad but it was a case of picking up the phone yesterday afternoon and just really wishing I'd decided to stay sober on Saturday.

I'll get over it and do it all again another time no doubt but for just now it's a bit of a minter.

Still feel hungover too, which is shite.

If it makes you feel any better, I posted a picture on snapchat of me in bed with the girl I've been kinda seeings mate with the caption "pumped".

I'm in all kinds of trouble today.

If it makes you feel any better, I posted a picture on snapchat of me in bed with the girl I've been kinda seeings mate with the caption "pumped".

I'm in all kinds of trouble today.

:lol:

That does make me feel slightly better yes.

Smart phones and getting pished do not go.

[emoji38]

That does make me feel slightly better yes.

Smart phones and getting pished do not go.

I also have memories of dressing up as a leprechaun and trying to direct traffic, I'm aff it for a while.

You're right, I normally leave my phone at home when I go out for that very reason.

I also have memories of dressing up as a leprechaun and trying to direct traffic, I'm aff it for a while.

You're right, I normally leave my phone at home when I go out for that very reason.

Pfft that seems harmless enough wouldn't worry about that. ;)

Unfortunately as Arbroath are doing so well I'm booked up for full days out again this and next Saturday, starting at 7am next week.

Hopefully avoid making too much of a c**t of myself the next 2 weeks. I don't hold out much hope though.

Pfft that seems harmless enough wouldn't worry about that. [emoji6]

Unfortunately as Arbroath are doing so well I'm booked up for full days out again this and next Saturday, starting at 7am next week.

Hopefully avoid making too much of a c**t of myself the next 2 weeks. I don't hold out much hope though.

I'm away to be working Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays which are the 3 days I'd normally go out so I should be fine for a wee while

The phrase 'cutting each other's throats' in reference to football. We hear it about the teams in Scotland's World Cup qualifying group and I've heard about in reference to the teams battling to avoid relegation in the Championship. Ever since some wanky journalist used it about Scotland loads of folk have started mindlessly parroting it.

Which brings me on to the split, with folk saying it makes for an exciting end, as if it's actually the split itself that does this and not that a lot of teams are very close to each in terms of points. There's no split in the Championship but currently there are about 5 teams fighting to avoid the bottom two places, and they'll all play each other. The split is nonsense and needs to f**k off. 

Edited by DA Baracus

The phrase 'cutting each other's throats' in reference to football. We hear it about the teams in Scotland's World Cup qualifying group and I've heard about in reference to the teams battling to avoid relegation in the Championship. Ever since some wanky journalist used it about Scotland loads of folk have started mindlessly parroting it.
Which brings me on to the split, with folk saying it makes for an exciting end, as if it's actually the split itself that does this and not that a lot of teams are very close to each in terms of points. There's no split in the Championship but currently there are about 5 teams fighting to avoid the bottom two places, and they'll all play each other. The split is nonsense and needs to f**k off. 

What's your solution? 44 games a season? Not having a go just curious.

Pretty sure I have bronchitis. Had it about three weeks and it just isn't budging and last night couldn't get a wink of sleep with flu symptoms. No chance of a GP appointment for weeks either. 

5 minutes ago, Chris_DK said:

Pretty sure I have bronchitis. Had it about three weeks and it just isn't budging and last night couldn't get a wink of sleep with flu symptoms. No chance of a GP appointment for weeks either. 

^^^ Man flu.

Why do you have to wait "weeks" to see a GP?

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ Man flu.

There isn't any available. Best I can do is wait for the on call doctor to call me back so waiting on him now. 

1 minute ago, Chris_DK said:

There isn't any available. Best I can do is wait for the on call doctor to call me back so waiting on him now. 

I am honestly unaware of anywhere in Scotland that someone would have to wait maore than a day or two for a doctor's appointment.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

^^^ Man flu.

Cutbacks. WIWAL if you were ill you went along to your doctor's surgery and sat in the waiting room until it was your turn. These days you have to know in advance that you're going to be ill. 

Just now, GordonD said:

Cutbacks. WIWAL if you were ill you went along to your doctor's surgery and sat in the waiting room until it was your turn. These days you have to know in advance that you're going to be ill. 

In the not too distant past I have had to 'phone for a doctor's appointment.  If I wanted my 'own' doctor I have maybe had to wait a couple of days otherwise no more than a day.  Maybe we are just fortunate in The People's Republic of Dundee.

37 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

In the not too distant past I have had to 'phone for a doctor's appointment.  If I wanted my 'own' doctor I have maybe had to wait a couple of days otherwise no more than a day.  Maybe we are just fortunate in The People's Republic of Dundee.

In my old GP Surgery, they operated a system where if you called for an appointment, you would be given a time later that day to call back and speak to the Doctor.  He would then decide if he need to see you and you'd normally get an appointment that day or the next.

The surgery I'm in now appears to view all calls for appointments as an personal inconvenience and you're doing well to get offered one within the next 2 weeks.  They do ask if it is an "emergency" and you'll get one sooner.  I think I'm on their c*nt list for telling her if it was an emergency I'd go to A&E and it's not really my place to decide if it's an emergency appointment or not.

Edited by KnightswoodBear