Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

13 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

I agree there, zips are a nightmare on the nutsack and ripping out hairs. Downside to the button fly, when absolutely hammered trying to button up the fly can be like solving a Mensa puzzle at times.

Velcro is the way to go.  Buttons and zips are a nightmare when you've had a few.

14 minutes ago, ThomCat said:

The Nissan Juke is bafflingly popular. An eyesore of a car.

I think it's because they cost about 900 quid new.  I can't think of any other reason to buy one.

People down here in the central belt are far too friendly. Please stop making pleasentries with me. I don't know you, I don't want to know you, please stop speaking to me. Edinburgh isn't as bad for it as Glasgow was when we lived there tbf, but folk really need to stop feeling the need to fill in silences when standing at a bus stop, or waiting in a queue somewhere. I forgot my iPod today but remembered my earphones and I was very tempted to stick my headphones on just to stop people from taking to me.

People down here in the central belt are far too friendly. Please stop making pleasentries with me. I don't know you, I don't want to know you, please stop speaking to me. Edinburgh isn't as bad for it as Glasgow was when we lived there tbf, but folk really need to stop feeling the need to fill in silences when standing at a bus stop, or waiting in a queue somewhere. I forgot my iPod today but remembered my earphones and I was very tempted to stick my headphones on just to stop people from taking to me.

You really are a 77 year old trapped in a 27 year olds body.

2 hours ago, jmothecat said:

I forgot my iPod today but remembered my earphones and I was very tempted to stick my headphones on just to stop people from taking to me.

I do that fairly regularly. It's a cracking way of getting out of potential conversations when you're on a wee walk and see someone you don't particularly want to talk to. Heid doon, away with the fairies. 

"You dingied me last week ya b*****d"

Did I? Did I have my earphones in? I just zone out, sorry pal. 

Gullible p***k. 

4 minutes ago, Toma_BullyWee said:

I do that fairly regularly. It's a cracking way of getting out of potential conversations when you're on a wee walk and see someone you don't particularly want to talk to. Heid doon, away with the fairies. 

"You dingied me last week ya b*****d"

Did I? Did I have my earphones in? I just zone out, sorry pal. 

Gullible p***k. 

I do that at home, though often the cord will be dangling, not plugged in to anything. It at least sends out the signal that I don't want to be spoken to. 

Facebook group members who spam the group with irrelevant nonsense, usually after your money. Yes, it's nice that you're having a pancake day charity thing, but it's got f*** all to do with the group subject.

Also applies to WhatsApp groups. For example, I have a long running conversation on the go for organising midweek pints, not to see some supposedly funny link about a kitten or a just giving page. I can be nasty on short term conversations though:

17:00 Hi guys, I'm running for this, this and that to raise money for my church, here's my charity page: link.

17:01 Hedgecutter has left the conversation

7 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

Velcro is the way to go.  Buttons and zips are a nightmare when you've had a few.

Joggies were a viable answer to my problem until I needed to go for a slash and then that's were it all came undone? Fucking nightmare trying to undo the lacing that had become knotted somehow in the process and trying too undo the knot before the flood arrived was unbelievable.

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

Eating an orange club for the first time in years. The orange bit on the top isn't there any more, in fact if you hadn't told me it was orange I wouldn't have known. Raging.

Jaffa cakes are still no bad with the orangey bit in the middle, although you may need to ask Romeo where to buy the snack packs at 60p though. :rolleyes: