Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, jmothecat said:

My local Tesco sells burgers in four packs but burger buns in six packs.

You shouldn't be buying burgers in supermarkets. Even the supposedly posh ones are rank, too firm, and have preservatives etc.

Buy some mince, make some nice burgers. Make as many as you want, and the burger bun problem is solved.

1 hour ago, (._.) said:

We used to have a Italian buyer in my old work, one day he let on to one of the warehouse pickers that he loved Star Wars. 

He then started calling him 'padewan' and 'young jedi' in work emails.

Sounds like grooming to me.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I love that noise. How can anyone dislike it?

In the waiting area outside my office the room is a corrugated plastic... thing. Turns the place into an oven in the summer.

But the sound of even the smallest shower sounds like a torrential downpour. It's fucking annoying when ye can't get away from it.

Also squirrels keep jumping on it. That's annoying too.

Everything at work's annoying

In the waiting area outside my office the room is a corrugated plastic... thing. Turns the place into an oven in the summer.

But the sound of even the smallest shower sounds like a torrential downpour. It's fucking annoying when ye can't get away from it.

Also squirrels keep jumping on it. That's annoying too.

Everything at work's annoying

DA Baracus style hatred of his work, impressive. I also hate work but I made, and then shat in this bed, so here I lie.

17 hours ago, Rugster said:

Sometimes I'm sending multiple emails in a day to the same people about different things, I'm not saying hi or hello to them every time it's just nonsense. Just cut straight to the chase. 

We were given a training class on "How to use Social Media and Email in regards to your workplace" this week and apparently not saying "Hello", "Hi" or some other mundane greeting on an email is deemed rude and unwelcoming. Anyone found to be using incorrect email etiquette such as this could face disciplinary action. I shit you not.

Our old general manager used to sign off his emails with "Thx". Not even his name after it or a best regards, just "Thx". I cannot tell you how much that made my blood boil. Worst of it was he was about 63, I expect that shit from a 12 year old girl, not a highly respected engineer.

We were given a training class on "How to use Social Media and Email in regards to your workplace" this week and apparently not saying "Hello", "Hi" or some other mundane greeting on an email is deemed rude and unwelcoming. Anyone found to be using incorrect email etiquette such as this could face disciplinary action. I shit you not.
Our old general manager used to sign off his emails with "Thx". Not even his name after it or a best regards, just "Thx". I cannot tell you how much that made my blood boil. Worst of it was he was about 63, I expect that shit from a 12 year old girl, not a highly respected engineer.

I'll always say "Hi" at the start of my emails because it's a bit softer, especially when talking to clients, etc.

I also sign off my emails with my shortened name, the one that is used by everyone. Since my signature has my full name and I'm not sure there's a single person in the world who calls me it. Means I don't get called it by new folk. [emoji23]

6 minutes ago, Widge said:

I'll always say "Hi" at the start of my emails because it's a bit softer, especially when talking to clients, etc.

I also sign off my emails with my shortened name, the one that is used by everyone. Since my signature has my full name and I'm not sure there's a single person in the world who calls me it. Means I don't get called it by new folk. emoji23.png

Wid?

The noise of the rain on the shed tin roof is setting me off ma heed

A few of the houses around me have tin roofs. I've heard they are very noisy. Next door has one but it doesn't seem so noisy - my wife said to me it'll he worse when they move in!