Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

Todays PTTGOMN.. people who sign off work emails with the first letter of their name. My HoD does this, signs every email with just 's' at the end. If you are so incredibly busy that you don't have time to write your own name, why not just leave it blank since every email has your full name in the footer automatically anyway.

Are they unaware of the signature tool? Outlook and Webmail have such a facility as I imagine most other email systems do

Are they unaware of the signature tool? Outlook and Webmail have such a facility as I imagine most other email systems do

When I gave up, my motivation was being diagnosed with cancer on my throat. I still vape, and Mrs WRK sees all these scare stories and bags me to Jack that in as well. So,I had a word with my oncologist, asked what his opinion was.
I quote: "well, something's going to get you in the next forty or fifty years. I'm fairly confident it won't be those."

This is what pisses me off - people that sign their emails off inconsistently. It's not very hard to set a signature on all emails, so to see an email chain with all the different email signoffs does my head in.

I worry about those working for an IT company that struggle with basic Outlook.

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

Yes. That really, really annoys me. Cringeworthy.

Also when people start emails with Hi Both, or Hi All etc Just get straight into the business of the email, it's not a fucking letter. It's a tool for conducting business (in this instance) so dispense with the pleasantries.

Can't bring myself to do the "Hi" thing because I don't normally address people like that. I've tried "morning" or "afternoon" or even "hello there"...  

13 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Can't bring myself to do the "Hi" thing because I don't normally address people like that. I've tried "morning" or "afternoon" or even "hello there"...  

Sometimes I'm sending multiple emails in a day to the same people about different things, I'm not saying hi or hello to them every time it's just nonsense. Just cut straight to the chase. 

43 minutes ago, (._.) said:

People chucking out your paperwork as they 'didn't think you needed it'. Yes it sat there since yesterday, that's because I know where it is. It's my desk. 

Tomorrow will be great fun, anything I 'find'  - binned. 

^^^incapable of following a clear desk policy.