Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'd say both are true - on Saturday night after the train back from Kirkcaldy i sat and drank my remaining Tennents can on a bench opposite the Balmoral. I must have looked like a right jake ball.

That bench is a notorious Jakeball hangout. They're always passed out in a pile of their own pish there.

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When folk in an office joke about having vodka in their water bottle, or make similar oh so hilarious jokes about needing a vodka instead of a tea or a coffee or whatever.

Haha.

Fucking haha.

Fucking teeeeheeeeeeeeee! LOL! WACKY! ZANY! NUTS! BONKERS! HAHAHAHAAH FUCKING HAHAHA!

They aren't always joking.

Don't ever let him/her give you a lift.

8 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Wooden spoons you get from chippys. Utterly useless.

What are you trying to do with them, hoe the fucking garden?  :huh:

Edited by BigFatTabbyDave
19QOS19's intriguing post.

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

They aren't always joking.

Don't ever let him/her give you a lift.

I walk home from work anyway, so no danger on that front.

Anyway, another one;

Folk at work who wash things other than their hands in the toilet sinks. By this I mean things like mugs, plastic lunch boxes or similar such food containers etc. Everyone here has access to at least one kitchen where they can wash things, and do it properly, i.e. using washing up liquid and an appropriate tool like a cloth or sponge or scourer.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Walked into the bogs there to drop the kids off at the pool.  Quick nod to Colleague A who is standing having a piss.

I get into Cubicle B, start getting comfy and Colleague strikes up a conversation with me.

A line that should not be crossed IMO.

On the plus side, some c**t has cranked up the Dyson blade and it nearly blew my wedding ring off.

In such situations, talking is only acceptable if both people are stood at the sink washing their hands. No chat should be had otherwise. Your etiquette was correct whereas the colleagues was sadly lacking, and as such you should entirely ignore them forever.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

He is an odious c**t so no problem there, DA.  

I echo your sink washing sentiments.  You can add feet to your list.

What?! People actually do this in a sink at work?!

Tell me you jest.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

I've seen it twice before, different people.

Utter filthmongers. 

ETA and one was also brushing his teeth (not at the same time though).

Simply unacceptable behaviour. I feel the law would have fully supported you had you executed them on the spot.

32 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Walked into the bogs there to drop the kids off at the pool.  Quick nod to Colleague A who is standing having a piss.

I get into Cubicle B, start getting comfy and Colleague strikes up a conversation with me.

On the plus side, some c**t has cranked up the Dyson blade and it nearly blew my wedding ring off.

I had a boss who once kept up a conversation with me in an adjacent cubicle while we both experienced horrific skitters from the previous night's AGM revelries.

Surely the only acceptable course of action is a complete failure to recognise the other's presence, followed by an unspoken agreement to never discuss what took place? Dear God.

40 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Is it acceptable to dangle the knackers in a Dyson blade? Asking for a friend, obvs. 

5 hours ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Public transport.

Work being done in the street my office is on. The office car park is too small so folk tend to park on the street. Next 8 weeks the street is no parking.

Had to get the train to work this morning. An entirely wet and miserable 20 minute journey. And it was £6.40 for the return ticket.

Public transport is shite.

Maybe you shouldn't have got the open top bus?

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

When folk in an office joke about having vodka in their water bottle, or make similar oh so hilarious jokes about needing a vodka instead of a tea or a coffee or whatever.

Haha.

Fucking haha.

Fucking teeeeheeeeeeeeee! LOL! WACKY! ZANY! NUTS! BONKERS! HAHAHAHAAH FUCKING HAHAHA!

I go on a conference call every Monday morning with some Project Managers I work with and the chat is always 'How was your weekend then Jo?' Yeah fine, but I think i'll need something stronger than this coffee I've just made to get me through this call!' or 'Just having cereal but I'd rather have vodka on it than milk!'

Unsurprisingly shes a late 40's divorcee.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I go on a conference call every Monday morning with some Project Managers I work with and the chat is always 'How was your weekend then Jo?' Yeah fine, but I think i'll need something stronger than this coffee I've just made to get me through this call!' or 'Just having cereal but I'd rather have vodka on it than milk!'

Unsurprisingly the person who did it today in my office that caused my rant was a late 40's woman (not a divorcee, not a wid).

Sounds like she's secretly wanting somebody from the conference call to stay on the line after everybody disconnects and arrange to give her a seeing to.

9 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Sounds like she's secretly wanting somebody from the conference call to stay on the line after everybody disconnects and arrange to give her a seeing to.

I'll do it

On 18/02/2017 at 08:26, mizfit said:

People from Perth who support the old firm, take their own children to Glasgow to cheer on either side. Then spend all their working week slagging off Saints attendances.

People from Aberdeen who support the "old firm" who patronise followers of the local team.

"sheeps*aggers lolz"

"canna afford a toaster"