Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

All of this, plus the absolute fucking arseholes who sit at 50mph on the single, then speed up to 75mph on the dual meaning you have to speed to overtake them to avoid sitting behind them at 50mph again on the single. I encountered a number of these spunkbuckets driving to and from Glasgow last week.

Arseholes.

I'm not sure if these people are deliberately being arseholes or that they just don't realise what they're doing is bad driving.

There seems to be a growing number of drivers on the road who are simply unaware of how shit their driving is.  One example being the ones that sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway because they're turning right at a roundabout three miles up the road.

6 hours ago, Rugster said:

All of this, plus the absolute fucking arseholes who sit at 50mph on the single, then speed up to 75mph on the dual meaning you have to speed to overtake them to avoid sitting behind them at 50mph again on the single. I encountered a number of these spunkbuckets driving to and from Glasgow last week.

Arseholes.

12 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I'm not sure if these people are deliberately being arseholes or that they just don't realise what they're doing is bad driving.

In my experience it's almost always van drivers. Lorries are usually ok. I think they know exactly what they're doing.

I've twice nearly run over mature ladies recently. Both times they were sensibly waiting at the side of the road (sounds like a kerb crawling story so far) waiting for me to pass. Then, just as I was approaching they shuffled right out in front of me, causing me to slam on the brakes and swerve around them onto the other side of the road. The one yesterday was in the middle of nowhere (looked like she was photographing sheep) and I was in my wife's car which has an eye-burning amount of illumination on the front.  

I forget how horrible driving in the UK was.
I once saw a driver completely lose his shit at someone for taking 2 tries to reverse park into a small space.
He was held up for maybe 20 seconds at most.

When you pass your test in the UK you should be given a prescription of Valium.

In films, etc, when someone is being chased and they hide round a corner as the person chasing them runs past. Usually they are not hidden at all and the person chasing them always looks round about in every direction except in the direction where the person is hiding. Petty but annoying.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I pulled out of a junction last week to turn right. The road was 3 lane at this point so two lanes for traffic coming from my right. So I pulled out, there was a car coming from my right but it was miles away, then another car appears from its outside, absolutely flying well over the speed limit but still I had loads of time to pull out. He didnt even have to slow down yet flew past me with his middle finger outstretched and actually shaking. What a seething mess he was. What is it about driving that turns ordinary people into raging lunatics?

It would've been Gunther.

2 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

People who drink bottles of beer in pubs on nights out. Just buy pints instead, you get much more units/pound. Bottles only last about five minutes as well.

Insane, it can be double the price for the same pish, unless you're in a shithole that doesn't clean the pipes. Strangely bottles and cans are usually cheaper than draught abroad.

4 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

People who drink bottles of beer in pubs on nights out. Just buy pints instead, you get much more units/pound. Bottles only last about five minutes as well.

The ones that make virtue of it are the worst. Drinking Budweiser as if they are some kind of connoisseur.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

There seems to be a growing number of drivers on the road who are simply unaware of how shit their driving is.  One example being the ones that sit in the outside lane of a dual carriageway because they're turning right at a roundabout three miles up the road.

Just ban anyone in their 60's or 70's from driving.* Problem solved.

also women in SUV's.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

4 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Just ban anyone in their 60's or 70's from driving.* Problem solved.

also women in SUV's.

If you think that bad drivers are exclusively in the 60+ age group then I can only assume you are never out of your house.

Sadly the sexism doesn't surprise me.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

If you think that bad drivers are exclusively in the 60+ age group then I can only assume you are never out of your house.

Sadly the sexism doesn't surprise me.

Its old cunts like you that's the problem. IMO.

I've twice nearly run over mature ladies recently. Both times they were sensibly waiting at the side of the road (sounds like a kerb crawling story so far) waiting for me to pass. Then, just as I was approaching they shuffled right out in front of me, causing me to slam on the brakes and swerve around them onto the other side of the road. The one yesterday was in the middle of nowhere (looked like she was photographing sheep) and I was in my wife's car which has an eye-burning amount of illumination on the front.  

Are you Duffman?

I only ask, as you mentioned your wife.