Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, sjc said:

Norovirus. Never thought it possible to take a piss out of your arsehole until now. 

(Apologies for the graphic description)

Understandable lapse. There's probably a Manga comic on it in your local newsagent. I thought Japan was so clean the norovirus wouldn't survive.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Understandable lapse. There's probably a Manga comic on it in your local newsagent. I thought Japan was so clean the norovirus wouldn't survive.

There probably is. 

It is very clean but therein lies the problem......little or no immunity when it does hit. That and 120m people all living in relatively close proximity.

5 hours ago, Spartans Telly said:

Aye a lot of the old mining towns went to shit after the '80's, same up here. I once went out with a lass from Leigh, didn't last long. I can't even remember her first name never mind her last, no doubt I wasn't a memorable shag either. 

A fair assumption if you didn't last long...

Car drivers who clog up the entrances of petrol stations queueing for a (fuel) pump that's on right side to suit their car's filler cap.  The pump hoses are long enough to reach to the other side of a normal car if you stop at the right place arseholes.

Just now, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Car drivers who clog up the entrances of petrol stations queueing for a (fuel) pump that's on right side to suit their car's filler cap.  The pump hoses are long enough to reach to the other side of a normal car if you stop at the right place arseholes.

Its enjoyable, when idiots are waiting to use the correct side for their car,

and then I pop in front to the other pump and simply pull the hose out.*

*no euph.

Not all pumps are long enough

Most drivers are stupid

Both are true

Drivers who obviously don't know how average speed cameras work and slow down as they approach them.

Drivers who cannot keep a reasonably constant speed whilst sitting in the outside lane on a dual carriageway.  Including cars that probably have cruise control.

Shit driving in general.

On the journey to and from the game in Falkirk yesterday I encountered all of the above.

100% This

Drove Glasgow-Livingston-Aberdeen yesterday.

Idiots slamming on brakes as they see average speed cameras.

On 70 limit stretches I set cruise control at 75 and just relax. I can pass cars 2 or 3 times if I pass them and they suddenly decide to speed up to retake me, only to slow down again, or where they fly past at 80,
Brake to 60 for the speed cameras ( In a fucking 70 zone why brake to 60????),

Their speed and driving Yo-Yos about and they are a bloody nuisance as well as being a danger

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Drivers who obviously don't know how average speed cameras work and slow down as they approach them.

Drivers who cannot keep a reasonably constant speed whilst sitting in the outside lane on a dual carriageway.  Including cars that probably have cruise control.

Shit driving in general.

On the journey to and from the game in Falkirk yesterday I encountered all of the above.

All of that shite, plus you got pumped as well. Dearie me. 

7 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

All of that shite, plus you got pumped as well. Dearie me. 

Yeah.  Absolutely pumped.  That's what the football threads are for.

However since you brought it up here, it's sad that the most exciting think you have seen as a Dundee fan is us getting relegated.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Yeah.  Absolutely pumped.  That's what the football threads are for.

However since you brought it up here, it's sad that the most exciting think you have seen as a Dundee fan is us getting relegated.

Dry yer eyes grandad.

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

Petrol pricing here. Last week it was low as 111.9 cents/litre, today it's 143.9 cents/litre. Yet the ACCC (Oz competition watchdog) monitors prices and does fuck all about price gouging.

WA has got a fuelwatch website so you know what the prices for each garage (servo) are for today and tomorrow. For some reason Monday is always the cheapest.

I just had a swatch to see if SA had the same but apparently you used to but RAA don't do it anymore.

$124.7 here plus another 4c off per litre at Puma with my RAC card.

images (48).jpg

WA has got a fuelwatch website so you know what the prices for each garage (servo) are for today and tomorrow. For some reason Monday is always the cheapest.
I just had a swatch to see if SA had the same but apparently you used to but RAA don't do it anymore.
$124.7 here plus another 4c off per litre at Puma with my RAC card.

We used to have prices updated twice a day but last year a deal was done between the ACCC and fuel retailers that stopped this. Our useless State Government refused to do anything about it but they can't find where the electric meter is to top it up so that's not unusual. Do you know what they used to use in South Australia before candles? Electricty.

2 minutes ago, Eednud said:

We used to have prices updated twice a day but last year a deal was done between the ACCC and fuel retailers that stopped this. Our useless State Government refused to do anything about it but they can't find where the electric meter is to top it up so that's not unusual. Do you know what they used to use in South Australia before candles? Electricty.

You do seem to get a lot of blackouts. I can't imagine what it would be like here in a blackout as it's dark enough even with the street lights on. I reckon the bulbs are about 3 watts.

I take it every house is stocked up with candles?

You do seem to get a lot of blackouts. I can't imagine what it would be like here in a blackout as it's dark enough even with the street lights on. I reckon the bulbs are about 3 watts.
I take it every house is stocked up with candles?

It's a joke and why we shouldn't have State Governments. Good supply of torches, candles, matches and batteries for the radio. At least we have gas for cooking, if you can find the stove in the dark. Your comment about the lights reminded me that when I first came here there were still a few councils that switched off street lighting after 11pm or midnight.

Petrol pricing here. Last week it was low as 111.9 cents/litre, today it's 143.9 cents/litre. Yet the ACCC (Oz competition watchdog) monitors prices and does fuck all about price gouging.

We've gone the other way. Saturday my closest station was $1.42, yesterday it was down to $1.19 (for E10)