Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This post exists just for me to disagree with you.  Not that that ever happened before [emoji6]
My (current) PT is P&Bers who dislike egg-chasing.  An absolutely brilliant sport for we larger blokes with a foot like a threepenny bit.  Oh, and Scotland is pretty good at it at the moment.  I'll be glued to the telly on Saturday with a few friends shouting for Scotland...

We better not get humped. I am not looking forward to work if we do

We may lose but are unlikely to be humped.  Then again, I fancied our chances at Tynecastle tonight...

Wasnt aware you were playing tonight.
Been hearing all week about the irish squad and how they need a decent start.

I'm about to pull that trigger after 15 years with mine.

Every year I would look at the quote and seen as it seemed reasonable I would pay. Then I spoke wi my younger cousin and realiased I was getting screwed.

A quick search on compare the market and I'm fuming.

I've never understood the first negotiating point from car insurance firms. For example, if they send me my renewal after another year without claiming and it's £2-300 more than I'm paying now, why the fuck would I accept that? Why would anyone accept that? It happens every year as well, I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head who my insurer is this year after burning through the usual ones.

1 minute ago, WeAreElgin said:

I've never understood the first negotiating point from car insurance firms. For example, if they send me my renewal after another year without claiming and it's £2-300 more than I'm paying now, why the fuck would I accept that? Why would anyone accept that? It happens every year as well, I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head who my insurer is this year.

Why is yours going up?

Mine hasn't went up in 15 years of driving. That's changing vehicles 5 times too

Simple. Some people do accept without question. That they are allowed to auto renew a clearly inflated price is fucking ridiculous. They seem to be under no obligation to give you their best price unless you phone them up and listen to their pish, then a ton magically drops off the price.

Anyone that does this may as well take a £500 note out of the bank and burn it

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

On the subway tonight, as instructed I had moved down the busy carriage to allow more people on to the busy train. Having already been through a couple of stops, as the train started to move to leave Kelvinbridge, I felt a tap on my shoulder followed by a woman saying "Excuse me, I'm getting off at Hillhead".

Aye love, I'll just let you past. Good luck getting through the 4 other people between me and the big crowd blocking the door, who will probably all get off at Hillhead as well. Which they, and I, also did of course.

Took great delight when the barrier wouldn't let her through - a metaphorical kick in the pie, if you will. Stupid boot.

Only to be beaten by the idiots on crowded trains that do this as the train approaches the final stop, a fine example being the the 17.35 Dyce to Aberdeen service. A two carriage train that has come all the way from Inverness and at the 2nd last stop at Dyce enough people to fill an empty train get on an already full train. As the train approaches Aberdeen you get idiots in the middel of the train trying to get their stuff off racks and saying excuse me as they want to get to the doors as they are getting off,

The correct response as they stand on your toes and try and push past should be 'Fucking settle, the train terminates at Aberdeen and ever fucker is getting off'.

But death stares are all that is usually managed.

17 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I like to think that his window was left open because he climbed out it then onto your car to get out due to you parking out-with your designated space

Edited by gkneil
ETA: Quoted wrong post!! Ohh Philpy

Why is yours going up?
Mine hasn't went up in 15 years of driving. That's changing vehicles 5 times too

I'm not quite 25 yet so I still get the odd ridiculous quote. My insurance still drops year on year but I have had to change company every year since I was 17.