Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

I can't believe that anyone uses some of the stations on that line. I remember driving past Kildonan station, which had about 6 buildings within a 3 mile radius of it.

According to Wiki

Due to the extremely sparse and small population it serves, Kildonan is currently the 11th least used railway station in the United Kingdom, as of 2014-15, and the least used on the Far North Line. It is also the least used station in the United Kingdom that has a full (i.e. not restricted) service.

5 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

The amount of folk I know defending that alt-right p***k Richard Spencer after getting a well deserved punch.

Fascists deserve punched. I don't see how this is up for debate.

Agreeance.

Let's suppose that we have a hippie. And let's also suppose this hippie was engaged in a peaceful protest to draw attention to some cause...corporate crime for example. And just imagine that on our evening news, we were treated to the sight of Police Officer Cabe and his colleagues wading in with tear gas and batons drawn. Maybe we see the hippie getting a beat down before he's dragged off to a waiting police van and who knows what after that. Not that we've EVER seen such a scenario of course, this is purely a hypothetical example. But let's suppose it happened. Do you imagine any of these wankstains would be crying about it?

But a poor, innocent Nazi gets a sore face and you'd think civilisation has broken down. 

Edited because the original "baton drawns" isn't rite English.

Edited by Shotgun

I realise this is ironic in a thread like this but negative people are absolutely ripping my testes.  Go into work and they are just moaning about it being Monday or being in work or it being busy.  I can't stand it, dreary, negative, self-fulfilling pish spouted by people wishing their lives away.

My mother-in-law is like this all the time.  She'll ask me what I'm working and when I'm back and she'll always go "awwww, back to work on Monday, aww well, nearly the end of the month eh".  What?  I quite enjoy going to work and if you just moan and chase the clock you'll end up pishing your entire existence up the wall.  There's also a load of people who I know who seem to perk up only when discussing other people misfortune - sitting sullenly at their screen until they hear a story about a colleague who has died or someone's family member who has been diagnosed with a terrible illness and then they are up on their hindlegs like a fucking meerkat, drinking in the misery.

58 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I realise this is ironic in a thread like this but negative people are absolutely ripping my testes.  Go into work and they are just moaning about it being Monday or being in work or it being busy.  I can't stand it, dreary, negative, self-fulfilling pish spouted by people wishing their lives away.

My mother-in-law is like this all the time.  She'll ask me what I'm working and when I'm back and she'll always go "awwww, back to work on Monday, aww well, nearly the end of the month eh".  What?  I quite enjoy going to work and if you just moan and chase the clock you'll end up pishing your entire existence up the wall.  There's also a load of people who I know who seem to perk up only when discussing other people misfortune - sitting sullenly at their screen until they hear a story about a colleague who has died or someone's family member who has been diagnosed with a terrible illness and then they are up on their hindlegs like a fucking meerkat, drinking in the misery.

I've got a dreary woman at work that, every Monday morning, says "It's going to be a long day." And I always think, it will be with an attitude like that!

Edited by microdave

Mibees it's because none of my jobs have ever really been Mon-Fri 9-5 style but I can't get my head round these floaters who see 5/7 days of the week as a drudge while they wait for the weekend. What sorta boring life must ye lead for any day where you work to be written off?

Flexi times changed my outlook on this, I used to hate 8-5 and be one of these people, now though I can be in at 7 and away at 2.45 day done leaving me a fuckload of time to do whatever I please.

Obviously I can get away earlier or later but working around your life is absolutely excellent and I love my job. If I got 5k a year more to go back to a rigid 8-5 I'd turn it down.

Agree with Chris though, negative shite first few hours of the week is incredibly annoying.

A very boring one. To me, sitting in an office 9-5 is a monumental waste of life. Sadly I haven't worked out how to escape it yet

Apparently you should be grateful for this though. "It's a job".

f**k these people and f**k the system quite frankly.

17 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

A very boring one. To me, sitting in an office 9-5 is a monumental waste of life. Sadly I haven't worked out how to escape it yet

Ditto, I'm generally a pretty cheery guy and tend to look on the bright side but a monday morning at 8am in the office when your shattered and it's cold and dark outside is pretty depressing. I'm 26, the thought of working in an office till I retire is not a nice one.

Fingers crossed for the lottery win or long lost rich relative popping their clogs.