Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

14 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

The complete absence of signage to Scottish fitba grounds for motorists. Special mention to whichever council is responsible for Coatbridge as despite having driven there 20 plus times I always, always get lost. Probably why I prefer to train it these days...  

TBF they are probably all Celtic fans.

Probably don't even know they have a SPFL club in Coatbridge:thumbsdown

54 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My PTTGOYN this morning... having painted the downstairs hall floor before bed and waking up to discover it's still wet.  Then having to concoct an elaborate system of stepping on plastic bags, painting over bits I'm having to step on and having to round up all the various crap three people need to get themselves out the door in the morning. All the while with a halfwit cat howling and demanding to try walking on the wet floor. 

IMG_1297.JPG

Oil based paint I assume?

Exactly how many hours did you give this between painting and walking on it?

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:Oil based paint I assume?

Exactly how many hours did you give this between painting and walking on it?

I did it at about 1 am and it was still wet at 7.30. Didn't take long the last time but I think that was because I had the heating cranked up and the doors open. 

Folk who don't put an out of office on their email when they go on scheduled leave.  

'Hi mate, don't suppose you can help with this? I've emailed Gav and chased him this week and also left him a VM but I've got no reply'

'Aye he's on holiday for 2 weeks, he's back on Monday'

Fucking dicks.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Folk who don't put an out of office on their email when they go on scheduled leave.  

'Hi mate, don't suppose you can help with this? I've emailed Gav and chased him this week and also left him a VM but I've got no reply'

'Aye he's on holiday for 2 weeks, he's back on Monday'

Fucking dicks.

When I worked in a major bank you'd often find guys who'd left months before were still in the address book, a total pain in the arse.

Usually they'd only get disabled if their mailboxes filled up and started refusing new mail.

28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I did it at about 1 am and it was still wet at 7.30. Didn't take long the last time but I think that was because I had the heating cranked up and the doors open. 

Christ I'm no surprised it was still tacky this morning.

Oh and rushing the paint by cooking it isn't a smart move either.

Best idea is to paint it early 1 morning and f**k off out til very late.

16 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

The complete absence of signage to Scottish fitba grounds for motorists. Special mention to whichever council is responsible for Coatbridge as despite having driven there 20 plus times I always, always get lost. Probably why I prefer to train it these days...  

Aye, Cliftonhilll,  next to the highest flats for miles is hard to find in the sprawling metropolis of ML6.

On 16/01/2017 at 16:02, DA Baracus said:

I always time my cinema visits so that there will be a minimum of folk there. People tend to be utter dicks at the cinema.

^^^^^^^^^^^ So he can play with himself without people complaining

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

My PTTGOYN this morning... having painted the downstairs hall floor before bed and waking up to discover it's still wet.  Then having to concoct an elaborate system of stepping on plastic bags, painting over bits I'm having to step on and having to round up all the various crap three people need to get themselves out the door in the morning. All the while with a halfwit cat howling and demanding to try walking on the wet floor. 

IMG_1297.JPG

Should've only painted half last night, and the other half tonight, in retrospect.

4 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Should've only painted half last night, and the other half tonight, in retrospect.

Cheers. I'd mainlined the coffee so I could stay up late to make soup and do various oddjobs. Think it clouded my judgement. 

People who insist on scratching their scratchcards at the fucking counter.

Along similar lines, the folk who hand in weeks worth of lottery tickets to be checked in the machine.

Remember a few years ago there was a cashier in Dundee who was found guilty of pocketing a winning ticket from a customer.

If you can't be arsed checking the numbers yourself you deserve to be ripped off.

2 hours ago, MuckleMoo said:

Along similar lines, the folk who hand in weeks worth of lottery tickets to be checked in the machine.

Remember a few years ago there was a cashier in Dundee who was found guilty of pocketing a winning ticket from a customer.

If you can't be arsed checking the numbers yourself you deserve to be ripped off.

Saw a woman last week who didn't believe what they were told and took the ticket away anyway. Cretins, the lot.

Going to see still game live 2 at the hydro in a few weeks - I've paid a service charge of £6.10 x2 for the tickets, and just printed them off myself. Is it just ticketmasters cut?

£6 for each ticket seems a hell of a lot if you're not even getting actual tickets. Over £1.3m solely for Still Game. F*ck Ticketmaster.

21 hours ago, Angusfifer said:

There *is* a sign for Football Traffic in Coatbridge. Coming from the A8 down past McDonald's. It directs you from the big roundabout to the street the ground is on.

Might be the only one, however i reckon the vast majority of away supporters will pass that sign.