Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

4 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

People opposing a new runway at Heathrow Airport because they live nearby and don't want more planes. If you don't want an excess of planes flying over your house don't live next door to a fucking airport.

They complain about noise and air pollution. Small thoughts here. It will probably take about 6-8 years to build the new runway and all associated works (given that the treehuggers will hold things up). 8 years ago it took a battery the size of a small bus to run a car any sort of distance. Surely in the next 8 years somebody will come up with a battery power that could be used for take off and landing of a plane. The main engines could then fire up at a higher level so as the noise would not be so much of a problem on the ground.

image.jpeg

I've realised that many people shake with anger when you put milk in before the water when making a cup of tea. I don't necessarily pay attention to whether the milk goes in before or after the water, but I think I normally put milk in first whilst the kettle boils. A lot of people absolutely despise this for some reason.

To me, it makes no difference at all. As long as the tea bag goes in before the water, the rest of it doesn't matter. It's going to look and taste the fucking same. 

I've realised that many people shake with anger when you put milk in before the water when making a cup of tea. I don't necessarily pay attention to whether the milk goes in before or after the water, but I think I normally put milk in first whilst the kettle boils. A lot of people absolutely despise this for some reason.

To me, it makes no difference at all. As long as the tea bag goes in before the water, the rest of it doesn't matter. It's going to look and taste the fucking same. 

You're supposed to put the milk in first when making a cup of coffee. Putting the water in first spoils the coffee grains. Apparently.

People who insist on bringing newborn babies into work and parading them round like a diarrhoea-smelling World Cup.

Have the self-awareness to realise that anyone who's actually remotely interested in either you or him/her would have already visited you, and saved you the trouble of doing a lap of honour for getting pumped ten months ago.

The milk should always, ALWAYS, go in last. Non-debatable.

ETA: I also strongly dislike Nicole Scherzinger.

Like 19QOS19 says, it might matter with coffee, chemical reactions and all that shite, I just can't see what difference it makes with tea. People who cause a fuss over it strike me as the sort of people who write Buzzfeed articles and bring a banana to the football for half time.

EDIT: Wid.

1 minute ago, smpar said:

Like 19QOS19 says, it might matter with coffee, chemical reactions and all that shite, I just can't see what difference it makes with tea. People who cause a fuss over it strike me as the sort of people who write Buzzfeed articles and bring a banana to the football for half time.

EDIT: Wid.

f**k coffee, it's shite. 

Now tea, the milk goes in teacup if the tea is brewed in the teapot. 

If the tea is made by teabag & brewed in the cup then the teabag & boiling water shall not be milk contaminated, if sugar is required that may be added. Milk cools the boiling water so must not be added whilst the teabag is in the infusion state. Remove the teabag then add milk. 

Simple. 

Grimbo 

ETA the brewing of tea is simple, not me before any wise FTFY fuckers try anything. 

This third runway nonsense. 

Can guarantee the people opposing it on noise pollution grounds are the wallopers who buy a house without researching where it is. The same kind of people who buy a house next to a fire station then complain about the sirens. 

Get it built, and build another runway at Gatwick and another at Birmingham whilst they're at it. In the nine years between today and the runway being operational at Heathrow, there'll be nine airports built in China.