Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I wonder if anyone has ever heard that advert and though "that's the very guy to sell my house for me" Surely someone he knows has had word in his ear to say no one is ever going to use you estate agent after hearing this shite. The same can be said for the Tony Macaroni one that had the stupid song, I have never eaten there due to that ad campaign alone.

I met the guy (Davy Hutton, not mr macaroni) through work about 15 years ago when he was running a haulage firm out of Possil. Interesting chap...shall we say 'charismatic'?

At that time he fancied himself as a bit of a property expert and was just away to buy his castle in Ayrshire. I heard the advert, figured it was him, and that triggered my curiousness to google what I could find. Turns out he's still living in his castle but has evolved into some sort of caricature love child that you might imagine would come from a Jonny Depp and Nicola Sturgeon liaison.., [emoji23]

18 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

I met the guy (Davy Hutton, not mr macaroni) through work about 15 years ago when he was running a haulage firm out of Possil. Interesting chap...shall we say 'charismatic'?

At that time he fancied himself as a bit of a property expert and was just away to buy his castle in Ayrshire. I heard the advert, figured it was him, and that triggered my curiousness to google what I could find. Turns out he's still living in his castle but has evolved into some sort of caricature love child that you might imagine would come from a Jonny Depp and Nicola Sturgeon liaison.., emoji23.png

I've just googled him, he doesn't look like I imagined he would. He does however look like someone I reckon would be a fanny.

On DAB, I thought it was national thing, but in my car I have a certain number of channels, but recently when I was in the #Perthshire area there were many more available to me. I know local radio accounts for some of this but there was a far better choice of national options too. Anyone know the gen on this???

It's because you live in the 1940s.

2 hours ago, Tynieness said:

c***s in HGV's that pull out into the outside lane then take about a mile to finally crawl past the vehicle they are trying to pass.  Incidentally any arsehole driving a car that gets overtaken by a truck doing only 55pmh should have their license removed.  c***s.

What is it with HGV drivers needing to tell the world their name? In what other professsion would someone want to display "Big Rab" or "Hairy Terry" to passing motorists and pedestrians? 

55 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

What is it with HGV drivers needing to tell the world their name? In what other professsion would someone want to display "Big Rab" or "Hairy Terry" to passing motorists and pedestrians? 

Prostitution?