Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Constantly running your zip on your hoodie up and down...........

Eagle tries to carry off Australian boy

From the story,

"A fellow who was sitting closer said the little boy kept running his zipper up and down," said Mrs O'Connell, who caught the attack on her camera.

Distracted by the noise, the eagle grabbed the boy's green hoodie and attempted to him lift away before park staff moved in.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36771205

Wonder how much a Wedge-Tailed eagle costs ???:whistle

42 minutes ago, Boghead ranter said:

Can of deodorant/hairspray + match/lighter combo required.

Possibly get an unscheduled evacuation drill out of it too.

This, and get a work colleague to film it to share with P&B.

6 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Constantly running your zip on your hoodie up and down...........

Eagle tries to carry off Australian boy

From the story,

"A fellow who was sitting closer said the little boy kept running his zipper up and down," said Mrs O'Connell, who caught the attack on her camera.

Distracted by the noise, the eagle grabbed the boy's green hoodie and attempted to him lift away before park staff moved in.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-36771205

Wonder how much a Wedge-Tailed eagle costs ???:whistle

I saw the headline and thought, "That can't be good for her leadership challenge..."

3 minutes ago, mjw said:

People putting there glass in the recycling bin at unsociable hours.

In my neighbourhood it's forbidden to do glass recycling from 9pm-7am. Can imagine it would result in some quite severe passive aggression towards anyone breaking the rules.

There's a pub near us that empties their glass after they've closed and cleared up for the night, which can sometimes be two or three in the morning. Sounds like an avalanche, so I presume they fill up bins and pour them into one of the recycling skips. Doesn't bother me, but I've wondered before how the folk who live closer feel about it.

I have family who live in Spain, and the bin lorries go around emptying the bins through the night. It's a quaint wee residential area with little noise other than the big fucking lorry emptying bins at 2am every other night. Worse than the glass bottles being chucked out IMO.

18 hours ago, Rugster said:

There's a fly in my office and I can't get the fucker out, and it keeps dodging my attempts to kill it. Got the door and window open and the fucker just keeps buzzing around. Genuinely feel like Walter White here.

I used to work with a Nepalese guy years ago - hiya Amar pal if you're reading - that taught me to stretch out an elastic band and move slowly up to the fly before releasing the full fury of the rubber and destroying the annoying little fuckers. Surprisingly effective.

There's a pub near us that empties their glass after they've closed and cleared up for the night, which can sometimes be two or three in the morning. Sounds like an avalanche, so I presume they fill up bins and pour them into one of the recycling skips. Doesn't bother me, but I've wondered before how the folk who live closer feel about it.

I stay across the road from a pub and it can be quite annoying. Though tbf it's a quiet pub so it only happens once a week. What's far more annoying is the church bells ringing for a solid 5 minutes every Sunday at around 11am. Used to be seethe inducing when I worked nightshift and forgot to put my earplugs in.

Pokemon Go. I'm seeing grown adults referring to it as a "Fitness App" and bragging that they walked "over a mile" today.

Hauseus Crispie. 

Its now the main topic of conversation at work amongst my colleagues. Someone tried to justify it as being good for learning how to work together. Another one showing off his collection. We heard a report of a manager who interrupted a conference call because he had to catch one that had appeared in his meeting room. All adults. All highly educated. All fucking zombies.

3 hours ago, Dee Man said:

I used to work with a Nepalese guy years ago - hiya Amar pal if you're reading - that taught me to stretch out an elastic band and move slowly up to the fly before releasing the full fury of the rubber and destroying the annoying little fuckers. Surprisingly effective.

If the fucker is still here today (not seen it yet) I shall be trying this. I might just do it even if I don't see it, not since school days have I pinged an elastic band at anything (anyone).

1 hour ago, Mozzamozza said:

I used to live above a pub and across the road from a church in the middle of Dundee. Noise central.

Luckily I used to be an alcoholic vicar.

Had to give up the vicaring bit though.

Vicar my arse, you were a catholic priest.

Eta: 'Catholic priest' has to be the most apt rhyming slang ever.

Edited by Dee Man