Spartans

Zanetti

Is there any Spartans fans on here? Or anybody been to their ground? Going through for the Scottish cup game against them on 7th of January but heard that theres absolutely nothing there. Could anybody tell me what tis like?

Not in the Junior leagues, I doubt ;)

Although I can't see a specific place for non-league Seniors :unsure:

Is there any Spartans fans on here? Or anybody been to their ground? Going through for the Scottish cup game against them on 7th of January but heard that theres absolutely nothing there. Could anybody tell me what tis like?

City Park is a nice wee ground but is indeed very 'Spartan' :P

Its well enclosed and is basically just 4 grass bankings (varying in steepness, parts of the 'terracing' can be treacherous, especially on a wet day) and a wee gap where the stand used to be. The old stand was built by Edinburgh City when they owned the ground and were a league club back in the 1930's but the structure was condemned in the 80's and finally knocked down after Spartans 2004 cup run. Shame.

They normally have a burger van for cup ties and there's no lights at the ground so it will probably be a 1 or 1.30 kick off.

The pitch itself is very tight, bumpy and normally has fairly long grass. All this and the fact that Spartans are a well organised outfit combine to make City Park a very awkard place for league clubs to go :ph34r:

There are a few pubs in the general area.

Oh and as SeD says the junior forum isnt the best place to find Spartans fans! They have a decent enough website themselves though, as do the East of Scotland Football Association (who run the EoS league).

Oh and as SeD says the junior forum isnt the best place to find Spartans fans! They have a decent enough website themselves though, as do the East of Scotland Football Association (who run the EoS league).

Yeah but I couldnt think where else to look :P

Archived