Who are the top 5 midfielders in the world?

Bairnardo

Lets face it, Ronaldo and Messi are clearly the best players on the planet and by default the best attackers. Lets also face it, chat about them and who is better is fucking tedious and basically for simpletons.

Midfielders are for the purist though. Proper football fans love to watch a Mark Kerr type midfielder running the show. With Iniesta on the way out, who are the new top dogs in the middle?

Does Modric get the recognition he deserves? Is Pogba wildly overrated or just misused?

Talk midfielders folks.

Any list that doesn't have Modric and Kroos is just wrong. The rest are dependent on what you like in midfielders. Agree with 8mile about Iniesta but assume the point of this thread is to ignore him. 

I'd have Modric, Kroos, Busquets, Vidal and Kante on my list. 

I'm a huge Isco fan boy but him and De Bruyne just miss out. Pogba maybe makes the top ten. 

Modric
Kroos
Busquets
Rakitic
Isco

A few years ago Iniesta would’ve been top of that list but he’s slowly edging his way out of the game. Still a class act though.

In a good team Pogba is world class but has a manager that doesn’t know how to use him.

On a related note, I recently discovered N'Golo Kante and our very own Cedric Kipre are best pals, having shared a flat together at Leicester.

Also;

Modric, Kroos, De Bruyne, Isco, and can't possibly leave Iniesta off.

Archived