England v Panama

Cerberus

19 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Is Yewtree still going? Surely Lineker is being investigated, the creepy b*****d. 

10 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Does England's media training strip players of their personality or have they all had lobotomies? 

6 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

If someone told me Gareth Southgate had never had sexual intercourse it would be the least surprising news I've ever heard since someone told me something that wasn't very surprising. 

giphy.gif

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

Is it better for Belgium/England to finish 1st or 2nd? Can't get me nut round it. 

By a surprising stroke of luck, England's easy group is paired with the weakest group for the next round. Japan, Senegal, Poland, Colombia.. They'll be hoping the top 2 stays as it is but wont be too concerned whoever they play.

7 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

If they were trying to lose - presumably in order to finish  second - surely they'd be trying to get booked themselves, for the same reason?

Sorry, you are of course right! Well that could make it even more fun!

Guest Bob Mahelp
15 minutes ago, Slenderman said:

Might have been said already; but how fucking shite must the USA be for Panama to qualify?

Remember Panama effectively qualified on the back of a goal that wasn't. The 'ghost' goal.

The USA also conceded a bizarre own goal against T&T and the second goal was a 45 yarder that the guy couldn't repeat if he tried every minute from now until the end of time.

Panama are f*ckin shite though. The worst team by far in a world cup full of meeeh teams. 

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

If someone told me Gareth Southgate had never had sexual intercourse it would be the least surprising news I've ever heard since someone told me something that wasn't very surprising. 

He’s been married for over 20 years and has 2 teenage kids. 

10 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

By a surprising stroke of luck, England's easy group is paired with the weakest group for the next round. Japan, Senegal, Poland, Colombia.. They'll be hoping the top 2 stays as it is but wont be too concerned whoever they play.

It certainly looks like football is coming home.

Sad!

2 hours ago, DrewDon said:

If you think this England side is a "top team", you simply don't understand football and anything else you say should be discarded immediately. 

Heads gone thread for this. 

43 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

In attack England are up there with the best teams in the tournament, and set-piece wise they are possibly the best.

But goalkeeper and defence are very average at best, and midfield is poor. I can understand the second half taking foot off gas, but they couldn't even keep the ball and make Panama work. Spain or Croatia would have had regular spells of 2-3 mins in possession. I imagine the stats for second half possession in this game were fairly close.

I can't believe the hype from the pundits here, are they told to ramp up the hype? Surely they know what's happened before. It's bizarre. 

They just get so caught up that they can't help themselves. Just listen to Mowbray and Murphy today, they were still so giddy with excitement after going 2-0 up that even 2 minutes later they missed Loftus-Cheek getting booked and 5 minutes later were none the wiser as to why/when he had been booked. It is really irritating, but then you have to remember we'd be just as bad if it was Scotland. Liam McLeod's wee head would explode if we were 6-0 up in the World Cup.

I still find it utterly bizarre that some 'Rangers' types support England, unless I'm really badly mistaken this is a reasonably  new-ish phenomenon!?

Did they look at the Celtic fans supporting a different country and think hey that looks cool :blink:

2 hours ago, smpar said:

Eight or nine :lol:

f**k off you fucking c***s.

Commentator says could be eight or nine which it could've been and you're getting triggered meanwhile a bunch of Scottish people are saying it could have been double figures. Hmmm.

1 minute ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I still find it utterly bizarre that some 'Rangers' types support England, unless I'm really badly mistaken this is a reasonably  new-ish phenomenon!?

Did they look at the Celtic fans supporting a different country and think hey that looks cool :blink:

If this is directed at me i'm English, my dad was a Glaswegian. That's hardly what you wanted to hear i know but it's not really bizarre. 

Archived